When I first heard the album, I thought it was okay, but nothing spectacular. The second time I heard it, the songs began to digest in my brain pretty well, most notably Why Bother, getchoo, and el scorcho. By listen number three, I was almost completely hooked! Curiously, it took me a while to get into Falling For You, yet now, I consider it one of my favorite songs on the album. What were your first impressions on Pinkerton?

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

almost the exact same as you... at first i thought it was too dark, not that great. 2nd time i thought it was better, but still not worth all the critical acclaim. But now, it's my favorite =W= album... it took Falling for You a while for me to like, but now its one of my all time fav =W= songs

Same thing for me with Falling For You.

As for the album, first time I heard I just kinda threw it aside and left it.

Then I picked it up again, really listened hard to the lyrics and the music, and pretty much fell in love.

The first time I heard it I was like 11, so I didn't think much of it. I listened to it again a couple years later and I understood why everyone loves it so much. The emotion and sincerity in the lyrics / Rivers' voice made it quickly become my favourite album of all time.
First time I heard Tired of Sex I thought it was fantastic. I loved the album right away.

The first time I heard the songs, I thought they sounded very rough.  I thought they were alright, they were mixed in with songs from blue off a CD someone burned for me.

Once I listened to them more, like others have said, I "got it" more and more until I realized the genius in the album.  At that point, it became my favorite over Blue.  Across the Sea cannot be denied.  I too am surprised I wasn't into Falling For You at first.

What makes the album so great, is that it has depth.  There's not just the catchy surface.  Upon further inspection there is more and more to each song to discover.  Through lyrics, guitar work, structure, etc.  You can listen to Pinkerton multiple times and get different things out of it.

Falling for You is definitely my favorite song off of the album. And I like Why Bother because I play it on Guitar Hero all the time   :)

F****** AWESOME.

Then again, I didn't hear it until about 2006.

I like how you explained that last paragraph. 

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

The first time I heard the songs, I thought they sounded very rough.  I thought they were alright, they were mixed in with songs from blue off a CD someone burned for me.

Once I listened to them more, like others have said, I "got it" more and more until I realized the genius in the album.  At that point, it became my favorite over Blue.  Across the Sea cannot be denied.  I too am surprised I wasn't into Falling For You at first.

What makes the album so great, is that it has depth.  There's not just the catchy surface.  Upon further inspection there is more and more to each song to discover.  Through lyrics, guitar work, structure, etc.  You can listen to Pinkerton multiple times and get different things out of it.

The first time I heard Pinkerton was during a sad time of my life.  I was on a road trip and listened to it three times in a row.  To this day, I can't even remember what other tunes I played in the car.  It was a real standout for me.  Love at first listen.

I don't know why I felt the need to tell you guys about the sad part.  But, oh well...f*** it.

I never disliked it.

I had every single Weezer song but didn't pay attention to the albums.

I got into Why Bother. That was one of my favourite Weezer songs.

Falling For You was too 'heavy' for me at the time, but now I like it a lot more.

Then I searched for lists of best Weezer songs... El Scorcho was up there so I got into that.

After I heard all the love for Pinkerton I checked it out and I loved it.

I hated it originally. My bro had bought me Blue, Green and Pinkerton for my birthday in 03' and I was so confused as to why it didn't have so many great songs like Green and Blue. I thought the only good song was El Scorcho. Though as I listened more the songs around El Scorcho began to appeal to me, starting first with Pink Triangle and The Good Life, then Across the Sea. I then realized that not all good music has to instantly sound great on first listen.
I didn't listen to the entire album until 2K, because all my friends told me it sucked when it came out...but once I did it was the best Weezer album I ever heard.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video