I have quite a few:

Christmas 1988:

There was only one thing I really wanted - a CD player.  Yes, I was six years old.  However, my dad had one and my mother got one too.  They were so cool and obviously expensive to have - but I knew that I needed it!  So when Christmas came, Santa was very limited in gifts that year - but he got me a CD player and my brother got a Nintendo.  I remember my dad hooked this CD player up on that Christmas day and he was not feeling well at all.  I recall that no one else in my class has their own CD player.  I felt very special.

Christmas 1989:

In 1989, I was seven years old.  At the time, I grew a fascination towards money - and all I really wanted for Christmas was a $20 dollar bill and a $50 dollar bill.  In second grade, our class wrote letters to Santa.  I remember I specifically asked for the money.  I got a letter back from Santa and he said that he will look into it.  When Christmas rolled around, I remember that I got a Sega Genesis.  I know for sure Santa got the memo that I didn't ask for a Sega Genesis when I made my Christmas list!  I think after a crying episode, I was forced by my mom to make good of the situation and keep the Sega Genesis (even though I only wanted $70 dollars).  It came with Altered Beast.  My parents also got me a few games with it - if I remember right, those games were Space Harrier 2 and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (there probably was a few more - but I don't recall the titles). I remember I use to come home from school and play the Sega Genesis non-stop - and I did eventually beat both all of those games I have just mentioned.

Christmas 1991:

I got a Lego set and some clothes. I remember when I was setting it all up, I heard on the TV that President Gorbachev resigned as President of the USSR.  

Christmas 1992:

(I just looked in my fifth grade journal to refresh my mind)  I got a Ren and Stimpy doll, a box of comic cards (DC and Marvel), five Elton John CDs, a silver and gold certificate (money!), and a Encyclopedia. Now that I mentioned these things, I do remember that Christmas.  It was a pretty good one.  Probably one of the last truly memorable ones I had as a kid.

Christmas 2001:

I spent this Christmas in Germany on Ramstein Air Base.  This was the first one without my immediate family since I joined the Air Force about 10 months previously.  It felt kind of weird - but I did spoil myself to play my new digital piano (at the time) - the Roland RD-150.  I bought it the day before Christmas.  Funny story about that.  When I went downtown to buy it, I paid for it in German Marks.  Then I remember the guy at the music store offered to drive it to my place of residence - so we both went in his car and drove to the base.  Unfortunately, he did not have a base pass to drive any further.  So he told me that he was going to take me over to the entrance and drop me off.  As a result, I found myself standing outside with an 88 key digital piano, in a box, that weighed about 50 pounds.  I actually attempted to take this all the way to my dorm room alone.  LOL - fortunately, a nice couple saw me and offered me a ride with the keyboard in their truck.  They saved my Christmas because I didn't freeze to death doing something so incredibly stupid :-)  I remember taking that thing up four flights of stairs to my room alone!  I thank my friend Zach for inspiring me to buy one, since he had a keyboard of his very own in his dorm room too!  He was also nice enough to allow me to play his before I bought mine.

Views: 270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dude! You got a CD player in 88??? i didn't get one until the nineties....

oh yes !  that thing lasted for about 13 years before it started to wear down.  It was a great one too.

Avery Doll said:

Dude! You got a CD player in 88??? i didn't get one until the nineties....

I Still have my first CD player. It has glitter puff paint on it...but it still works!

eventually what happened to mine was the loading on certain cds was becoming too temperamental.  It would try to load several times before giving up - and once that happened, you would have to re-insert the CD continuously. 

Avery Doll said:

I Still have my first CD player. It has glitter puff paint on it...but it still works!

When I was in high school I wanted a discman and I would hoard my lunch money away to try and pay for one. And that thing cost $100. And now you can by them for about fifty cents.
Okay, I think that's all the random announcements I have for the night!

Christmas....I got a CD player in about 93 I think. That was pretty awesome.

Just talked to dad about this - he said that the choice was either getting me a CD Player or a copy machine.  My parents both agreed that a copy machine was a no go.  lol

Avery Doll said:

When I was in high school I wanted a discman and I would hoard my lunch money away to try and pay for one. And that thing cost $100. And now you can by them for about fifty cents.
Okay, I think that's all the random announcements I have for the night!

Christmas....I got a CD player in about 93 I think. That was pretty awesome.

Christmas "Kochi" !!

Christmas 2000 age 4:

I remember looking at a really big present that was for me and it was wrapped with penguin wrapping paper.

 

Christmas 2005 age 9:

I remember being really excited on Christmas Eve and I watched Van Helsing, on Christmas day I was the one who passed all of the presents around.

 

Christmas 2009 age 13:

I remember playing the game Little Big Planet all night till it was the end of Christmas and I remember looking at the clock when it had gone past midnight then I was annoyed that it wasn't Christmas anymore.

good memories Hugh.  Thanks for sharing 

Hugh Lovric said:

Christmas 2000 age 4:

I remember looking at a really big present that was for me and it was wrapped with penguin wrapping paper.

 

Christmas 2005 age 9:

I remember being really excited on Christmas Eve and I watched Van Helsing, on Christmas day I was the one who passed all of the presents around.

 

Christmas 2009 age 13:

I remember playing the game Little Big Planet all night till it was the end of Christmas and I remember looking at the clock when it had gone past midnight then I was annoyed that it wasn't Christmas anymore.

When I got socks. 

I remember the year my grandmother fell down in church and busted her head open. We spent most of christmas morning in the hospital. 


Which brings to mind the year i went to hear a church choir sing Handel's Messiah with my grandmother, and she got sick and threw up in her purse.
RUSeriousBro? [spaz] said:

I remember the year my grandmother fell down in church and busted her head open. We spent most of christmas morning in the hospital. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video