http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6f--Oqe3PU

 

Ohmygosh,itsoundssogoodhalfastepdown...

 

PLEASE BOOTLEG PLZPLZPLZ!!!

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is this really something to freak out about?
No, no it's not. Also this video has been up since July.

Ya know, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. ;)

I like Weezer's YMT cover and I hadn't seen this youtube, so thanks for sharing, Radioactive.

 

Speaking of different, have you seen this cover of Hash Pipe, in the ragtime/jazz style? I find it intriguing!

Lisa: I love that someone here has some enthusiasm for the band these days but I think there's better stuff to be excited about than a weezer-fied cover being played in concert (Alone III, par exampla). The level of excitement he had for a song being played live that sounded exactly like the studio take which sounds pretty much exactly like the song it's covering... I just found it kind of confusing that's all. (wet-blanket)

 

If this song has replaced Paranoid Android then I will be very excited!

noooooooooo gohi, don't say that :( pa > ymt, FACT.

Gohi said:

Lisa: I love that someone here has some enthusiasm for the band these days but I think there's better stuff to be excited about than a weezer-fied cover being played in concert (Alone III, par exampla). The level of excitement he had for a song being played live that sounded exactly like the studio take which sounds pretty much exactly like the song it's covering... I just found it kind of confusing that's all. (wet-blanket)

 

If this song has replaced Paranoid Android then I will be very excited!

No dude. You haven't seen it live (oops, I'm a jerk). Paranoid is a major drag and show-killer.
Maybe it's more exciting that Weezer took on a song like Paranoid but it takes up so much time live and the crowd becomes totally quiet and confused, lol.
They probably don't recognize the song.  They are thinking, "Why can I understand the lyrics, something just doesn't seem right?"

Gohi said:
No dude. You haven't seen it live (oops, I'm a jerk). Paranoid is a major drag and show-killer.
Maybe it's more exciting that Weezer took on a song like Paranoid but it takes up so much time live and the crowd becomes totally quiet and confused, lol.
Ha. I think it's more the fact that it doesn't fit in at a Weezer show. I've seen it twice and both times the crowd was amazing for every song Weezer played except this one. Even Longtime Sunshine got more audience reaction (actually the audience was super excited about Longtime).
Here's to hoping for Tragic Girl or Getting Up and Leaving......if they play one of those, i'll record it for us

Gohi said:
Ha. I think it's more the fact that it doesn't fit in at a Weezer show. I've seen it twice and both times the crowd was amazing for every song Weezer played except this one. Even Longtime Sunshine got more audience reaction (actually the audience was super excited about Longtime).
weezer hasn't played "you might think" live very often.  speaking as someone who just saw it live at the doheny days festival, i will confirm what the original poster said....it sounds HUGE live and the bass in particular really hits.  whoever said it doesn't fit in a weezer show or get much of a reaction is pretty wrong - at least from the doheny days show - the crowd went nuts, and i was literally blown away at how HEAVY and massive the song sounded live.  also, it seems to get heavier and heavier as the song progresses live....in fact my favorite song from the show.

But different people get excited about different things, right? And that is cool to me. 

Awesome video, Scott - thanks! 

 

Gohi said:

Lisa: I love that someone here has some enthusiasm for the band these days but I think there's better stuff to be excited about than a weezer-fied cover being played in concert (Alone III, par exampla). The level of excitement he had for a song being played live that sounded exactly like the studio take which sounds pretty much exactly like the song it's covering... I just found it kind of confusing that's all. (wet-blanket)

 

If this song has replaced Paranoid Android then I will be very excited!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video