When it came out a couple years ago, I listened to it a few times and I initally rejected it. But I've listened to it maybe once every few months since then and then last night I listened to it again and I can honestley say this a great album. No, its not as good as Hurley or Pinkerton but its certainly better than Make Believe or Raditude. This one is definitely gonna be on my Ipod for a while.

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's definitely one of my favorite albums by them, but sadly their last 'creative' album. I use that term lightly seeing as they haven't been too creative since Pinkerton. Ever since then, Rivers has just tried to make the perfect pop song. IMO, This album was not only the first album since Pinkerton that felt like he was writing songs that were semi-personal, but it also re-introduced their creativity. Too bad it's all gone down the drain seeing as Rivers doesn't solely write the songs anymore.

The best songs are The Angel and The One and The Greatest Man that Ever Lived
3 good songs

1. Pork & Beans
2. The geatest man that ever lived
3. Troublemaker
Yeah dude its definetly their most underrated cd, its got some great stuff on it. Especially Dreamin. mmmmmmmm.....
A bit like anything Arctic Monkeys have ever done

Aaron Houtman said:
a very overrated and underrated album at the same time.
Pork and beans reignited my interest in weezer after the tragedy that was 'We are all on drugs'
i LOVED the red album! its wat made me get back into weezer after years of neglect! his lyrics were strong on a lot of songs
King is a cuomo song. Scott just sings it. 

Radioactive said:
"Cold Dark World" is the weakest song to be sure, but I think it's up to par anyhow. "King" would've been better for Scott's track imo but w/e. Yes, Weezer (2008) is perhaps the best Weezer album imo... But 1994 and Hurley miiight have it beat. Having trouble trying to decide.
Greatest Man and Pork and Beans are great, and The Angel and the One, Pig, and Miss Sweeney are arguably the best songs Rivers has written this decade.
make believe is a glossy pinkerton. make believe is awesome. but in reply to the post, yes, red album is awesome.
so is cold dark world.

The dreWid said:
King is a cuomo song. Scott just sings it. 

Radioactive said:
"Cold Dark World" is the weakest song to be sure, but I think it's up to par anyhow. "King" would've been better for Scott's track imo but w/e. Yes, Weezer (2008) is perhaps the best Weezer album imo... But 1994 and Hurley miiight have it beat. Having trouble trying to decide.
It took a while but The Red album grew on me. Greatest Man is one of my favorite songs ever and I loved Dreamin'. Everbody Get Dangerous gets points because it has a line about him not cow tipping because he didn't want the cow to be sad...lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video