When it came out a couple years ago, I listened to it a few times and I initally rejected it. But I've listened to it maybe once every few months since then and then last night I listened to it again and I can honestley say this a great album. No, its not as good as Hurley or Pinkerton but its certainly better than Make Believe or Raditude. This one is definitely gonna be on my Ipod for a while.

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I freaking love the red album, but it was instant love for me. For me the only track on the whole thing that I skip over or don't listen to is "Spider", which is just kind of a mopey song to me. The rest of that stuff is just plain awesome.
youre saying spider is worse than cold dark world and everybody get dangerous? spider is too mopey? you must hate pinkerton then. way too mopey huh? youre one of the fools that would think rivers would have to write happy pop songs every album. fools like you in 96 made him doubt himself just because you expect him to sing happy s*** every time. i hate you!

Bill said:
I freaking love the red album, but it was instant love for me. For me the only track on the whole thing that I skip over or don't listen to is "Spider", which is just kind of a mopey song to me. The rest of that stuff is just plain awesome.
i really enjoy the spider.
Can't Stop Partying is in no way crap. The Alone Version might be better but it was a good attempt from weezer to try to get radio hit. For some reason they never turned it into a single but it could of become a good fan generating track. As for the rest of Raditude it's pretty good. Tracks like The Girl Got Hot and Let It All Hang Out are good pop songs, and that's what weezer is a good pop band.

BackToSchool said:
Is it hard to understand? Everything about the album is ridiculous. The title, the cover art, the songs, the guest appearances... It's a terrible record and it's horribly over-produced/over-processed.

"Can't stop partyin" is some of the stupidest crap ever written.
I honestly cannot fathom how anyone can consider Raditude "awesome". It's basically AAR with Rivers as the lead singer. My question is this:

If a band like Good Charlotte released the exact same songs, would it still be awesome?
This.

If you think Raditude is "good pop", you know absolutely nothing about good pop songwriting. Blue is good pop. Raditude is teenybopper b*******.

Marc said:
I honestly cannot fathom how anyone can consider Raditude "awesome". It's basically AAR with Rivers as the lead singer. My question is this:

If a band like Good Charlotte released the exact same songs, would it still be awesome?
the worst weezer album imo, but a lot of good songs too.

...heart songs sucks.

Marc said:

If Good Charlotte released Raditude, I would never hear the songs.

Raditude is still better than most songs in the Top 40 today, so I would say it's "good pop".

And obviously, the Blue Album is leagues above that.
What makes the blue album stand out, to me, is that it's smarter. Lyrically, metaphorically, melodically. It's just more mature. The songs are actually about something with more depth than a girl being really hot (who apparently used to be kind of ugly) or some dude telling a girl that he's her daddy on a date or whatever.

There's a song called Say It Ain't So that begins "Somebody's Heine is crowdin my icebox, somebody's cold one is giving me chills, I guess I'll just close my eyes." That's a good line! It's a song about something important. Something real. And it has some incredible momentum and energy in that bridge to the solo that just explodes with emotion.

That's the big difference.

B********* 4 Australia said:

Marc said:

If Good Charlotte released Raditude, I would never hear the songs.

Raditude is still better than most songs in the Top 40 today, so I would say it's "good pop".

And obviously, the Blue Album is leagues above that.
THIS

Marc said:

Every Weezer album has a gem or two that stand with all the band's great songs. "Troublemaker" and "The Angel and The One" are the Red Album gems.
i have it. it sits in the back seat of my car.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video