It seems like every other album has the Weez pushing themselves creatively to do something a little different (Pink, Mal, Red)- until recently. Hurley didn't really feel experimental to me, and I don't really count 'Death' as it is more of a collection.

I hope we get back to some of the strangeness with the next one.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like weezer, but all their albums are main stream rock and in some cases I'm not sure the word 'rock' should be there. more like 'pop'.

j-biebs said:
nothing they've done has been experimental.
I'd disagree with saying nothing they've done is experimental. It depends on how you use that word. Experimental FOR Weezer? Yes, they have done some things that are definitely out of the ordinary from what you would expect. In general, maybe not. Although Rivers song Greatest Man may be the only one I know of in modern rock that uses a classical "movement" structure... sooo maybe that counts?

In any case, I think the next album would be cool if they tried something... vastly different from the modern pop/rock sound. Who needs more of that? There's enough out there. I'd like to hear them try something truly different. If not in general, then at least for Weezer. You can get lost in the fluff if you aim to sound like mainstream pop.
Rivers did say he was listening to Pink Floyd.

Daniel [bleed0range] said:
I'd disagree with saying nothing they've done is experimental. It depends on how you use that word. Experimental FOR Weezer? Yes, they have done some things that are definitely out of the ordinary from what you would expect. In general, maybe not. Although Rivers song Greatest Man may be the only one I know of in modern rock that uses a classical "movement" structure... sooo maybe that counts?

In any case, I think the next album would be cool if they tried something... vastly different from the modern pop/rock sound. Who needs more of that? There's enough out there. I'd like to hear them try something truly different. If not in general, then at least for Weezer. You can get lost in the fluff if you aim to sound like mainstream pop.
I'll believe it when I hear it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video