Ok, its time for us weezer fans to pull together and get weezer to play 'the chance' in Poughkeepsie New York. 

I just don't understand why Weezer won't come here.  It makes financial sense as it is an untapped market by the band.  they probably haven't played such venues since '93 so the fans in the Poughkeepsie area are ready and waiting. 

who can help me start an online petition??? maybe we can get weezer to walk the pedestraian bridge across the hudson! 

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They won't come because no one's heard of Poughkeepsie.
just cause you've never left your town and know nothing of the world outside doesn't mean that no one else hasn't heard of Poughkeepsie. I'm sure Weezer must have played there before the blue album.
They're afraid of that murderer that's from there.
oh Mandy, they caught that guy.

come on! scenic Poughkeepsie, home of Ed Wood!

Mandy said:
They're afraid of that murderer that's from there.
bump!
The Chance is a cool venue, but yea they don't play there because it's so close to NYC which has a infinitely larger audience/market.
Please come to Mayberry.
Do you really think you'd alter their touring plans by making a thread like this?? Honestly...
Tour routing is an interesting thing. There's A LOT of different factors that come into play in booking a band. Sometimes it's as simple as whether or not a promoter is willing to pay whatever amount the band asks for, but many other times it's pay more complex than that.

On the subject of =w= specifically,
It seems right now they're only playing major metro markets - and Poughkeepsie just isn't one on of them, it's not on par with LA, NYC, Chicago etc.

The bigger a band is, the less of a chance they'll be playing smaller venues, or venues in smaller markets/towns/cities etc. If the band was just starting out, they'd probably play all over NY to build a following, so by the time they were more well known, there would be die hard fans willing to travel hours to the major city to see a show. It sucks cause not everyone can easily (and affordably) get to those venues hours away from your home town, but in the grand scheme of how the tours are mapped out it makes sense to only play markets that will sell well, turn profit and be on route with whatever city the next show is in.
Not only should they play the chance, but the tickets should be cheap, like $10. Maybe they can VIP tix for like $25. dude, that would be sweet!
The Chance is too small, the Civic Center is just crap....it's great for train expos, but not for Weez. I like going into the city to see them, (and other shows) it's more fun to get out of your backyard!
NO! this thread is a rally to bring Weezer to the Chance. Not the Civic Center. Not the Pepsi Arena in Albany. Not to any of the venues in NYC. THE CHANCE!

Tickets must $10 and VIP tickets must be $25.

I refuse to accept any of the logical reasons stated why Weezer won't play the Chance in Poughkeepsie.

Annie said:
The Chance is too small, the Civic Center is just crap....it's great for train expos, but not for Weez. I like going into the city to see them, (and other shows) it's more fun to get out of your backyard!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video