Was it because the album's sales were so poor that there was no point?

Or because Weezer are just really s*** at promoting?

Views: 1080

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Disagree completely.  I prefer ANYTHING on Raditude to any mainstream garbage.  Weezer made a mainstream sounding album that still retains a Weezer feel.

Oh, and Only in Dream, both "Trippin' Down the Freeway" and "Hang On" were released as singles.  "Let it All Hang Out" for sure is a wasted opportunity.  It's even DLC on Rock Band 3.  As far as "Can't Stop Partying", that should have been released too I think.

Gohi said:

Raditude was meant to bomb because Weezer sounds terrible attempting mainstream pop.

Gohi said:

Raditude sounds terrible

They said Trippin' was a single, but I never saw any promotion for it at all which is usually what happens when you release a single. I don't think they even tried to get it at any adds or anything, they just said it was the single but didn't promote it. Same goes for Hang On.

Raditude being a little bit better than mainstream radio pop is not some huge victory. It's still totally odd and doesn't work as a record or as a musical experiment. Its failureis evident by Rivers trying to "undo it" by releasing Hurley as quick as possible after the fact (a very concerted attempt to sound alternative rock).

Radioactive said:

Disagree completely.  I prefer ANYTHING on Raditude to any mainstream garbage.  Weezer made a mainstream sounding album that still retains a Weezer feel.

Oh, and Only in Dream, both "Trippin' Down the Freeway" and "Hang On" were released as singles.  "Let it All Hang Out" for sure is a wasted opportunity.  It's even DLC on Rock Band 3.  As far as "Can't Stop Partying", that should have been released too I think.

Gohi said:

Raditude was meant to bomb because Weezer sounds terrible attempting mainstream pop.

bringbackbiebs [edgey44] said:

Gohi said:

weezer is terrible

I heard "Trippin' Down the Freeway" on the radio once or twice.  "I'm Your Daddy" I heard even less.  "Hang On" I've never heard on the radio, but they did play that and "El Scorcho" in that episode of The Hard Times of RJ Berger.

Gohi said:

They said Trippin' was a single, but I never saw any promotion for it at all which is usually what happens when you release a single. I don't think they even tried to get it at any adds or anything, they just said it was the single but didn't promote it. Same goes for Hang On.

Raditude being a little bit better than mainstream radio pop is not some huge victory. It's still totally odd and doesn't work as a record or as a musical experiment. Its failureis evident by Rivers trying to "undo it" by releasing Hurley as quick as possible after the fact (a very concerted attempt to sound alternative rock).

Radioactive said:

Gohi said:

Well, maybe they'll get the message that attempting to be popular will not make them popular.

Attempting to make a great album - hey, that might work!

Hang On was a single. I still hear it on the radio all the time. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video