Was it because the album's sales were so poor that there was no point?

Or because Weezer are just really s*** at promoting?

Views: 1080

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

pfft!  Made me laugh!    I know, right?

Wilford Brimleyž (diabeetužž) said:
to be fair, Hurley has a sticker on the album cover that says "includes the hit singles memories, ruling me, hang on, smart girls, time flies, ..." and proceeds to list almost every song on the album. ...what?
O, yes. Hang on actually was a single. 
Yeah, I was like "lolwut" when I bought that CD. Shame, because I think Hurley's a solid album, they're doing a god awful job at promoting it.

to be fair, Hurley has a sticker on the album cover that says "includes the hit singles memories, ruling me, hang on, smart girls, time flies, ..." and proceeds to list almost every song on the album. ...what?
I lol'd too

AcrossTheWeb said:
Yeah, I was like "lolwut" when I bought that CD. Shame, because I think Hurley's a solid album, they're doing a god awful job at promoting it.

Honestly, because of the production and sound quality of the album, I couldn't see any singles from the album doing well anyway.  None of the songs would be successful on the radio.
Good album but some songs are way-overproduced with angel-like backin vocals (I think in trainwrecks).. hate that s***
I hate the quality of time flies.  It's like purposely exported it at 96 kbs

Jens Van Avondt said:
Good album but some songs are way-overproduced with angel-like backin vocals (I think in trainwrecks).. hate that s***

to be fair, they suck at promoting.

hits they missed out on: Can't Stop Partying, Trippin Down The Freeway, Let It All Hang Out, Put Me Back Together, Hang On, Ruling Me

Raditude really could've put them back on the map, given how ridiculously 'mainstream pop' the songs are.

Raditude was meant to bomb because Weezer sounds terrible attempting mainstream pop.

I forgot to answer the original question.

It's because Hurley sucks

I think Raditude and Hurley were waaaay too rushed. I think they should have combined both albums and cut the filler songs out. Fusing the good songs of both albums would have made a pretty darn good Weezer album. 

That's what I loved about it, and that's the point. That's what they were going for.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

I hate the quality of time flies.  It's like purposely exported it at 96 kbs

Jens Van Avondt said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video