Last night I went to Edgefest, and the show was great, Weezer played a really long set, but I was surprised when they sang atleast one song off of each album with the exception of Hurley. And they never really mentioned that Hurley had been released fairly recently. It seems like most weezer fans like the album atleast better than Raditude, and Hurley might not have sold as well as Raditude, but I think that could change if they tried to advertise it more by singing songs like Memories or Hang On live. Obviously people like the earliest albums best, but sometimes hearing a song live can completely change your perspective on it, so maybe if people could see a Hurley song live they would grow a new appreciation for the album.

What do you all think? And maybe I'm wrong, I don't know what songs they played in Birmingham.

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

aww i'm supposed to go to a weezer concert in philly soon, and i'd love to hear some hurley. i'd like to hear unspoken or ruling me.
They NEED to play Trainwrecks live, Hurley was such a good album, they need to play it
With Raditude Weezer also played on Letterman.

Lewis Digges said:
It beats what they did with Red. Except for what they did with MTV, they didn't appear on all the late night shows or anywhere else on TV. With Raditude and Hurley, they at least appeared on The Tonight Show and Conan.
Im sure i read somewhere that Rivers said they were gonna play more old songs so they probably left out Hurley tracks so they could fit in older songs

Marie said:
Well the setlist was really good, I just wish they could've squeezed in Hang On or Memories

AcrossTheWeb said:
As long as they don't put Can't Stop Partying in their set lists, I'm satisfied. I would enjoy hearing Unspoken live though.

Yeh, they're not so good at promoting and they should be playing more from Hurley.

On a side note, I'm impressed with all the responses on this topic. Hardly any trolling.

no, they didn't.

Lewis Digges said:

They did play Memories in Birmingham Friday night

In a way, it's nice that they don't play ALL Hurley songs, like some bands do when they put out a new album, but then again, it sucks when you go to a show, and see the same set over and over.

I'm impressed they played Only In Dreams.  I've only ever seen them play that once, out of the 8 times I've seen them.

Besides the fact that they don't play much Hurley, I'm more upset that all they play is Festival shows.  I hate festivals.

Dude.......... Exactly!!!

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

In a way, it's nice that they don't play ALL Hurley songs, like some bands do when they put out a new album, but then again, it sucks when you go to a show, and see the same set over and over.

I'm impressed they played Only In Dreams.  I've only ever seen them play that once, out of the 8 times I've seen them.

Besides the fact that they don't play much Hurley, I'm more upset that all they play is Festival shows.  I hate festivals.

I was at Edge Fest also. I really wanted to hear "Hang On". But besides that the show was awesome. During "El Scorcho" I was the only one singing in my section when Rivers asked us to sing along. My husband said I got some crazy stares but who cares, Weezer rocked it!
You got to hear Only in Dreams live and your complaining there was so Hurley -_-
I'd at least like to see them add some Hurley songs simply for the freshness all the new songs would add to a live show. I feel like they've had roughly the same setlist since after The Red Album came out.
Oh I definitely wouldn't want that. Only in Dreams was a very nice surprise! But I feel like Hurley didn't sell that well, and promoting even just one or two songs from the album by singing them live would really help.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video