Last night I went to Edgefest, and the show was great, Weezer played a really long set, but I was surprised when they sang atleast one song off of each album with the exception of Hurley. And they never really mentioned that Hurley had been released fairly recently. It seems like most weezer fans like the album atleast better than Raditude, and Hurley might not have sold as well as Raditude, but I think that could change if they tried to advertise it more by singing songs like Memories or Hang On live. Obviously people like the earliest albums best, but sometimes hearing a song live can completely change your perspective on it, so maybe if people could see a Hurley song live they would grow a new appreciation for the album.

What do you all think? And maybe I'm wrong, I don't know what songs they played in Birmingham.

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Touché! I apologize.
Someone post a screen cap or link to said twitter post. I don't wanna be excited over nothin.
Nobody ever said they wanted to hear Hurley songs more so than Pinkerton or Blue.  No, you are right the demand is greater for the older material.  However, the Memories tour (shows) are their own thing.  Regular shows still do not incorporate many Hurley songs.  And I think it's great they are playing more older material, but they should branch out and at least play TWO songs off Hurley.  At the very least, change up just playing Memories live.  You can support the new while still playing the old.  Lots of bands do it. 

David J. Stepp (DJS92491) said:

I think if the members of Weezer read this, they would be a bit confused.  They just had a very successful Memories Tour and it now has them playing more old songs instead of just singles.  If I was a member of Weezer, I'd read this and think, "Wait, it was the lack of attention to the new material that has us playing more songs from Blue and Pinkerton again in the first place.  That's why Hurley isn't being featured in sets." 

The demand is greater for nostalgia and lesser for recent material.  That's just the way it is.

I think they should play at least five from Hurley every show until the next album. 
Five seems a little much for an album that most of the audience won't own / love.
I think 3 would be a decent number

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
Five seems a little much for an album that most of the audience won't own / love.
America said:
I think 1 would be too many.
i'm glad.  i hate hurley. imo, it's their worst album ever...
If they played something along the lines of the Poquito Mas Bokkus edit of Hang On, I'd probably be pretty excited.
The twitter post from Scott was a few months ago so it's quite hard to find, but i can assure you he said that.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
Someone post a screen cap or link to said twitter post. I don't wanna be excited over nothin.
Why try to hype up promotion for an album that was released almost 9 months ago?
you don't like it better than raditude?

t1000 said:
i'm glad.  i hate hurley. imo, it's their worst album ever...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video