Hey guys,

So I’m writing a paper for one of my classes on Weezer fan culture and why people listen to them.  I’d love to get insight from any of you who wish to help me out.  Let me know why you listen to Weezer whether it be something about their music, you relate to their fans, their lyrics, or anything about the band that makes you a fan.  Also, if it’s something about their music, it would be awesome if you would let me know what specifically you enjoy so much about it (eg. Melodies, song structures, harmony, originality, etc.)

Thank a lot!

-Lee

Views: 776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you should do that.  And if Margaret proofreads it, you'll get an A for sure.

This is good.  I feel like we've accomplished something good here. 

Did you really think you were going to get any help by posting on here?

I guess not.  The fine folks over at All Things Weezer have been pretty helpful though.  It doesn't matter matter anyway, I'm doing Juggalos now, farkin lurv ICP.

this is a great idea.

stefan had me proofread his application essay for a summer program and was very happy with my notes.

placemats said:

I think you should do that.  And if Margaret proofreads it, you'll get an A for sure.

You'd be an idiot not to take Margaret up on this offer, Lee.

i proofread this post for you and made a few corrections.

Lee Cerier said:

I guess not.  The fine folks over at All Things Weezer have been pretty helpful though.  It doesn't matter matter anyway, I'm doing Juggalos now, f****** love ICP.

The somehow-still-animate prospect that they will again release something as good as the first two records.

But really, the completely alluring melodies, hooks, solos; Rivers' thrilling and passionate vocals; the band's youthful energy and punch.

And of course, the lyrics. Everyone who loves Weezer loves belting along to those lyrics. I guess that could be said of fans of several bands, but there is such a charm in Rivers' quirky and shameless lyrics. (Keep in mind I'm talking about "In the Garage," not "I'm Your Daddy.")

Hope that helps, sorry about the trolls.

See, he's clearly a professional. 

nrezeewg said:

The somehow-still-animate prospect that they will again release something as good as The Great Milenko.

But really, the completely alluring melodies, hooks, solos; Violent J's thrilling and passionate vocals; Shaggy 2 Dope's youthful energy and punch.

And of course, the lyrics. Everyone who loves ICP loves belting along to those lyrics. I guess that could be said of fans of several bands, but there is such a charm in Violent J's quirky and shameless lyrics. (Keep in mind I'm talking about "F*** the World," not "Miracles.")

Hopes that helps, sorry about the trolls. Much clown love to my Juggalo family.

Thanks dude

nrezeewg said:

The somehow-still-animate prospect that they will again release something as good as the first two records.

But really, the completely alluring melodies, hooks, solos; Rivers' thrilling and passionate vocals; the band's youthful energy and punch.

And of course, the lyrics. Everyone who loves Weezer loves belting along to those lyrics. I guess that could be said of fans of several bands, but there is such a charm in Rivers' quirky and shameless lyrics. (Keep in mind I'm talking about "In the Garage," not "I'm Your Daddy.")

Blowin' it  

Lee Cerier said:

Thanks dude

nrezeewg said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video