Hey guys,

So I’m writing a paper for one of my classes on Weezer fan culture and why people listen to them.  I’d love to get insight from any of you who wish to help me out.  Let me know why you listen to Weezer whether it be something about their music, you relate to their fans, their lyrics, or anything about the band that makes you a fan.  Also, if it’s something about their music, it would be awesome if you would let me know what specifically you enjoy so much about it (eg. Melodies, song structures, harmony, originality, etc.)

Thank a lot!

-Lee

Views: 775

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What class is this for?

Third year writing.  It's really more of an ethnography class based around writing one large paper on a sub-culture.

weezer fan culture seems like a pretty boring topic.

Good insight everyone!

Well, you don't have to be snippy about it.  I don't think I understand the question.  Why do you listen to Weezer.  Get the ball rolling for me.

Lee Cerier said:

Good insight everyone!

Well, some of the reasons I love Weezer are their perfect tasteful solos, fantastic melodies, deep discography filled with great b-sides, personal connection to some of their song subjects, and their overall goofiness and personalities as a band.

What are some of the reasons why you are a Weezer fan or what is it about their music you enjoy?

i mean, the juggalos, there's a fan culture worth writing about...

Actually, that is a good idea.

Margaret Atwood said:

i mean, the juggalos, there's a fan culture worth writing about...

Alright it's decided then.  I will change my topic to The Juggalos.  THANKSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

you're welcome!

i am sure your teacher will be much more entertained by the antics of the juggalos than he or she would have been by the boring life of weezer fans. i bet you'll get an A.

Yeah.  They have a much richer sub-culture than Weezer fans do.  We aren't as organized as a whole. 

maybe you can post the paper here when you're done, so that the weezer fans can learn from the juggalos.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video