Why do people on here have to fight about, why Raditude was bad. or how Scott is nothing like Mikey, or how there'll never a Pinkerton, or Blue. 

Why can't we just get on here, and love appreciate the world's best band, like ever? In its entirety?

This is one =w= fan speaking out, maybe you can follow?

Tags: Hate, blue, pinkerton, weezer

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Everyone's entitled to argue about their own opinions. 
This is coming from the master of the "concerned weezer fan" essay.

Lewis Digges said:

Having an opinion is all right but beating it down to the ground (how Weezer won't make another Blue or Pinkerton, the Scott/Mikey/Matt comparisons, Raditude or any other album after Pinkerton is bad) does get old after a while.

OP: Rarely does anyone on here fight about those things. We merely express our opinions and disagree with each other. It's just a music forum, friend.

I don't mind discussions like you mentioned, what I don't like is people on here who are just rude for no reason...

 

If Raditude is 'bad' like Make Believe was bad (according to some), then I'm thinking I'll be liking it when I finally get together enough money to buy it!!  = )   I never understood the Make Believe denigrators, I think it rules...

But there does indeed seem to be a certain percentage of forum users who apparently haven't ever heard of a thing called civility...

Raditude is not the same animal as Make Believe at all. Everything you liked about Make Believe is what Raditude lacks. I think you'll understand when you hear it. I like Make Believe too.
Hmm...  Okay, well I guess I'll have to buy it so I can hear it sometime soon.

Raditude, Hurley, and Death To False Metal... how do those three rank?  Haven't bought any of them yet!

 

I've always seen Raditude as a less-ambitious version of Red. It has a few standout tracks that are better than 90% of what Weezer have released since Pinkerton (Trippin' Down the Freeway, I Don't Want to Let You Go, Run Over By a Truck etc.) but there are also a truckload of stinkers that join the bottom of Weezer's barrel.

 

Hurley's probably the most consistent album the band's released since Green. Personally, nothing on Hurley really reaches Green's highest points (Island in the Sun, O Girlfriend) and I'm not sure if it really has highest points to be honest. Unspoken, Run Away and Time Flies are really good, but they're nothing overly spectacular since Rivers could probably write these songs left handed in his sleep. That being said, I wouldn't say there's a bad track on Hurley, it's a very easy album to digest.

 

Death to False Metal is easy to digest, like Hurley, there's really nothing offensive going on here. I love Blowin' My Stack, it's as if 90's Cuomo decided to collab with '05 Cuomo for that one. The lyrics are a little suspect, but the structure and feel of this track emulate what made Weezer 'Weezer' in the 90s - the solo especially is really special. There are lots of Make Believe outtakes on DTFM so I think you'll probably like this one most.


BryanD said:

Raditude, Hurley, and Death To False Metal... how do those three rank?  Haven't bought any of them yet!

 

/disagree

 

Hurley was enjoyable at first, and it still is, but it's probably their worst effort aside from Death to False Metal. Here's a bad track on Hurley: Where's My Sex.

Death to False Metal can be forgiven because it's just leftovers put on an album. But it's not worth buying at all. Very craptacular, with one or two decent songs.

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:

I've always seen Raditude as a less-ambitious version of Red. It has a few standout tracks that are better than 90% of what Weezer have released since Pinkerton (Trippin' Down the Freeway, I Don't Want to Let You Go, Run Over By a Truck etc.) but there are also a truckload of stinkers that join the bottom of Weezer's barrel.

 

Hurley's probably the most consistent album the band's released since Green. Personally, nothing on Hurley really reaches Green's highest points (Island in the Sun, O Girlfriend) and I'm not sure if it really has highest points to be honest. Unspoken, Run Away and Time Flies are really good, but they're nothing overly spectacular since Rivers could probably write these songs left handed in his sleep. That being said, I wouldn't say there's a bad track on Hurley, it's a very easy album to digest.

 

Death to False Metal is easy to digest, like Hurley, there's really nothing offensive going on here. I love Blowin' My Stack, it's as if 90's Cuomo decided to collab with '05 Cuomo for that one. The lyrics are a little suspect, but the structure and feel of this track emulate what made Weezer 'Weezer' in the 90s - the solo especially is really special. There are lots of Make Believe outtakes on DTFM so I think you'll probably like this one most.


BryanD said:

Raditude, Hurley, and Death To False Metal... how do those three rank?  Haven't bought any of them yet!

 

LOL I love how this discussion has turned into a debate/argument, after the thread was entitled 'Why can't people get along?' xD
Both posts were very cordial, though. We all get along just fine

Troublemaker said:
LOL I love how this discussion has turned into a debate/argument, after the thread was entitled 'Why can't people get along?' xD

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video