I can honestly say that I've been a Weezer fan since the very beginning and I can't understand why so many "fans" despise Raditude. There's good and bad in almost any record a band puts out, but is Raditude really all bad? There are many songs on it that make me feel good. Isn't that what music is all about? I enjoy the variety of the songs, including Can't Stop Partying and Love Is The Answer. By the way Hurley is another home run for The Weez!! Keep on making music boys.

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

true, and i won't argue that pinkerton is a better album, and either way i prefer it, but complicated isn't necessarily more melodic or catchy. pinkertons solos for instance were better but he was able to pull of an overall "poppier" album here. you can say that he's got that down to a literal science these days. not that blue and pinkerton didnt have their catchy numbers, but he is now a fountainhead of hooks which i believe comes from years and years of listening to music and the intuition of a musician as oppossed to the studies of a music major. that doesnt seem to mean anything for sales however, and is not necesarrily as admirable as an honest rock album.
Really, then why do we love SFTBH and the Summer Songs?
You don't know what you're talking about and that argument is a canard.

Dustin said:
They hate it cuz it's not the blue album or pinkerton.
I'm not saying it is. But "catchy" is meaningless. Clearly, Raditude wasn't that catchy because almost no one bought it. I do believe this is a result of the poor quality of the album. There's no other reason an album featuring some guaranteed hit-makers would fail so miserably except that the songs just aren't that good and the novelty "schtick" was wearing thin.

Meanwhile, Pinkerton's failure had nothing to do with quality, but everything to do with the musical climate it was released into. The re-evaluation of Pinkerton is one of those extremely rare examples of critics recognizing that they goofed.

Pinkerton is chock full of massive hooks that put Raditude to shame- the only reason it didn't work in that era is the extremely raw production and the message, which was largely seen as misogynistic in a time when the Lilith fair was exploding and everyone was getting into crap female "artists" like Jewel, Meredith Brooks and Paula Cole.

Mayra Covert said:
true, and i won't argue that pinkerton is a better album, and either way i prefer it, but complicated isn't necessarily more melodic or catchy. pinkertons solos for instance were better but he was able to pull of an overall "poppier" album here. you can say that he's got that down to a literal science these days. not that blue and pinkerton didnt have their catchy numbers, but he is now a fountainhead of hooks which i believe comes from years and years of listening to music and the intuition of a musician as oppossed to the studies of a music major. that doesnt seem to mean anything for sales however, and is not necesarrily as admirable as an honest rock album.
People hate it because it has really two good songs bon it. When I listened tonic the first couple times I felt like that it was geared towards the younger folk. I thought that they got away from their old rockin' ways. The two songs that I did like were "If Your Wondering If I Want You To I Want You To", and also I liked the song "In The Mall"
Some songs end up sucking when an artist experiments. However, if the experimentation never takes place what gems would be lost. No one really knows what song idea came from a crappy one. The Beastie boys are a prime example of this. Do the research, you'll see! Its OK for someone to say that this albulm is not their best. There are some good songs on there that are good. Are they all good....mmm..not. Do I respect the fact that they work to try to reach a new height with lyrics, sound, feeling and theme. YES!!!! Weezer rocks!!! Don't stop experimenting and give us some more gems.

signed Weezer fan from day 1.
No, it's not a good album. It might be "fun", but it's full of all kinds of musical and lyrical cliches.

CrackerJack said:
The reason people hate raditude -because the people saying its not a good album are wrong, it is- is because its not weezer. And after making 6 good+ rock albums with consistency (mostly), its difficult to accept a pop album.

Dont get me wrong, raditude definitely has its highs, its highs are much better than any of reds (my least fav weezer album).

Its just that....how do i put this....while raditude is a good album, look at weezers history. blue and pinkerton were masterpieces. green and maladroit werent quite as good, but were still incredible rock albums. Make believe and red, while not necessarily great weezer albums, both had its share of great weezer tracks.

fast forward to raditude. yeah, it may be an alirght album, but by now its clear that people like rock weezer. Not pop weezer. Though raditude still remains in my ipod, because its fun to listen to :)

And hurley is a pretty good follow up. I am excited for their next album.

Fun is good. It's like saying The Beatles first six albums are rubbish because they are fun pop songs. that's all Raditude is - a fun pop album and on that level is totally succeeds. Pinkteron is a whole different beast from a whole different era.
Dr. B. Lurkom said:
Because it's s***.
I love Raditude, it's good fresh music.

I don't see why anybody would hate Raditude. Everything that Weezer has ever made is completely amazing.

You say it's not good at all but would make a good ep? Are you even thinking about what you're saying? if it would make a good 5 song ep then obviously it has some good music on it.

Not to mention they are artists. ARTISTS. Art is something original that no one else has ever done before. If they went out and played blule album for 20 years it would get really old. Get over your selves and enjoy the diversity of the art form we call music. I love seeing all the different stuff weezer can do and still sound freaking awesome while doing it. Keep rocking guys. =w= for life.

Echoes said:

Because it's not good...at all. It would make a great 5-6 song EP.

This is what I HATE about people who claim old fans want the same thing over and over again. Answer me this: Does TBA sound like Pinkerton? NO! Does Pinkerton sound like SFTBH? NO and SFTBH even turned into Pinkerton. Does TBA sound like SFTBH? NO! Does HOMIE sound like TBA, Pinkerton or SFTBH? NO! We aren't asking for the same sound every freakin' album. We are asking for the same QUALITY of Music. I don't care how much you like Post-Pinkerton Weezer(and I enjoy pretty much all Weezer Albums for the most part) there is no denying that the band's first two albums were musically and lyrically superior than anything else they have ever done. Its not about writing love songs or crunchy guitars. Its not even about personal lyrics. MB and Maladroit had some pretty personal lyrics and they still sucked compared to TBA and Pinkerton.  Its about writing GREAT songs. The only song that comes close to GREAT on Raditude is Prettiest Girl and that was written by 90's Rivers. Again, keep in mind, I actually LIKE all of Weezer's albums, but their is no denying the fact that they were far more superior in the 90's.

Back to Raditude. I enjoy it for what it is. It IS a fun album. Its nothing artistically special and its not really what I look for in a Weezer album, but I find the Deluxe edition to have some fairly enjoyable songs. I can 100% understand why a lot of Weezer fans hate it. As I just said, its not really what I look for in a Weezer album, but I enjoy it for the most part, minus a few terrible songs. I would not want to see them make a Raditude 2 or continue in this direction though, which if Hurley is any indication, we won't have to worry about that. One of these albums is enough for me.

Tyler Grow said:

If they went out and played blule album for 20 years it would get really old.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video