I can honestly say that I've been a Weezer fan since the very beginning and I can't understand why so many "fans" despise Raditude. There's good and bad in almost any record a band puts out, but is Raditude really all bad? There are many songs on it that make me feel good. Isn't that what music is all about? I enjoy the variety of the songs, including Can't Stop Partying and Love Is The Answer. By the way Hurley is another home run for The Weez!! Keep on making music boys.

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love Raditude, along with every other album from Weezer.

Their most consistant album IMHO - Hurley is not as good but still a worthy album.
Dorian Zelaya said:
the same with make believe,i like it better than pinkXD and people treat it like crap
There's hate for Raditude because we all know they can do better.
It has some enjoyable tracks. I think people hate this album so much, because it sees Rivers and co. really reaching for that "mainstream" pop sound.

Personally, I think it has some of his best melodies to date. Some of those choruses are really catchy. But I also think the band loses some of it's "balls" so to speak. The songs are just too glossy and formulaic. Not that I'm trying to bash this album. Just my take.
it's essentially a jock rock album. i like maybe two songs and only fleetingly. the bonus tracks were mostly good though.

j-biebs said:
i highly doubt that.

elscorcho said:
I wouldn't say it's a change for the worse. And besides, with them recording an album every year now, you're bound to like on of the new albums eventually.

j-biebs said:
only when it's a change for the worse.

elscorcho said:
Because people hate change.

Then why the hell are you on Weezer.com?
i listened to nothing but raditude for a month straight. it is a fun album! im glad rivers is happy now and not writing sappy unrequited love songs into his 40s
and i hate Good Charlotte, AAR, AFI, and train
Really? Pray tell, what is "If You're Wondering If I Want You To", then? What is "Perfect Situation"? What is "Smart Girls"?

No, see- Rivers used to write some unrequited love songs that were anything BUT sappy. Now all he writes are sappy songs. "Heart Songs" may not be about unrequited love, but it's one of the sappiest piles of MOR schmaltz this side of Barry Manilow.

Mayra Covert said:
im glad rivers is happy now and not writing sappy unrequited love songs into his 40s
i loved blue and pinkerton OF COURSE. and none of those songs were sappy because they were real. but if he were to keep doing whole albums of unrequited love songs in that style while he is married and not heartbroken, that would be sappy and that would be like just about every other song on the radio. rad is not anything like blue or pinkerton but its fun and catchy and shows rivers' developed musical knoweldge of chord progressions and melodies. they are good "pop" songs. for the record i dont like perfect situation or smart girls, but i do like ifywiwytiwyt even if it was co wrote by that lame-o and that is probably the best song he has ever participated in
I understand that you like it and that's totally fine. But you made a statement that just isn't true: "and shows rivers' developed musical knoweldge of chord progressions and melodies. they are good "pop" songs." These songs show regression from Pinkerton, not progression or development. Pinkerton contains a variety of compositional tricks Rivers learned from studying classical composition. Raditude contains hardly any of these devices.

Mayra Covert said:
i loved blue and pinkerton OF COURSE. and none of those songs were sappy because they were real. but if he were to keep doing whole albums of unrequited love songs in that style while he is married and not heartbroken, that would be sappy and that would be like just about every other song on the radio. rad is not anything like blue or pinkerton but its fun and catchy and shows rivers' developed musical knoweldge of chord progressions and melodies. they are good "pop" songs. for the record i dont like perfect situation or smart girls, but i do like ifywiwytiwyt even if it was co wrote by that lame-o and that is probably the best song he has ever participated in
They hate it cuz it's not the blue album or pinkerton.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video