Who's your favorite singer in Weezer? (besides the big guy, of course)

Any of them can harmonize you to multiple eargasms, but what about when singing lead?

Winner: Scott

For my money, I want to hear more of Scott. He has a unique voice. The work he did on 'King' and 'Cold Dark World' was awesome and brought a little bit of - dare I say - toughness to the Weez. Perhaps his time with Rob Van Winkel brought out his grittiness.

Runner up: Brian

I can't really get into Space Twins, but Brian absolutely destroys when harmonizing with Rivers. His easy- breezy twang definitely  brings something different to the group, but as a lead guy, I have mixed feelings. 'Thought I Knew' is dull. 'It's Easy' makes better use of his pipes. Depending on how Rivers is feeling, we may get to hear more out of Brian and I'll have a more solidified opinion.

Still Special and Good:  Pat 

The Special Goodness basically sounds like a so-so Weezer. I like Pat, but his voice a little bit too similar to in tone, quality, and range to Rivers. I don't think that you're getting a very different feel, so why not just have Rivers sing?

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha 2nd that buddy!

mattsharp_wasright said:
MATT F******** SHARP

MATT SHARP!

Brian is good too.

Scott Shriner.

You do know that most cases are settled out of court because it's incredibly expensive to stay in trial for a long period of time and most people would rather get it over with and just pay the other party?
Of course you didn't. 

mattsharp_wasright said:

And sorry for te grammar I'm on an iPod
Also If he lied, why would rivers want it settled out of court?
Matt won, did you know that? THATS WHY Rivers had it settled out of court, he didn't want people to know
And Scott doesn't compare to Matt, Thank You and have a nice day
LOL.. Evil seems pretty strong. Brian for sure. I Love the song Yellow Camaro. I love The Relationship and all his stuff in Weezer is awesome in my opinion. His voice is perfect opposite Rivers IMO. His back up vocals On TBA are just freaking awesome. It's a big reason why it's my favorite album of all time (tied with Pink). Though I love all the rest as well. I don't go crazy for Matt on ROTR, but I do love all of their voices put together on it. He for sure needs the sweet sound of a lady if he wants to be lead.
Rivers and Weezer do make charitable contributions, Dorian.

mattsharp_wasright said:
Matt didn't "lie" you just don't want to face the truth
In his lawsuit he said he's the one to get the band the record deal, Karl even Matt and Rivers had a meeting with Todd Sullivan to get them signed and that Matt most of the talking, whose lying now
?
He didnt want money, if so , how come the rentals just released an album where all the money goes to japan?
I don't see izod commercial/axe spray/ Hurley clothing advertising Rivers Cuomo giving charity

Lewis Digges said:

1. There's a place on here called YouTube and I have seen some of Matt's "performances" with Weezer. You can tell that he's bored out of his skull in those.

2. Scott is a much better bassist and singer than Matt will ever be.

3. Matt did not write any songs with Weezer. He lied in his lawsuit to win money from the guys. That's why I call him a douchebag for that.

4. I never thought of Rivers being a douche.

5. I know plenty of history on and about Matt Sharp and that he was a poor bassist and all he did was goof around on stage and his brains being bored out.

Now that I answered your questions, I would like to call you a troll as well. Hope you're happy on not only being a douche but a troll as well. The reason I call you a troll because you troll around on this board looking to say hateful things about Scott. What has Scott ever done to you?

Have a great day!!
mattsharp_wasright said:

Have you ever seen Matt actually play live for you to say that?
Scott doesn't do anything for weezer, he just plays bass and kisses Rivers' a**
Matt co wrote some of weezers hits and got no credit for it, it's Rivers whose the "douchebag"
Even Rivers admitted to being a douche in a green album era interview
So stop talking shizz about Matt until you actually read up weezers history

Lewis Digges said:
It has been 13 years since Matt left the group and we have had 2 of the nicest bass players ever in Mikey and Scott. All Matt was about was being on stage and doing absolutely nothing, most the time that Matt was on stage he acted like he was bored and didn't want to be there. And I do kind of wish that certain people would realize that Scott is the best bass player in Weezer ever and we leave it at that instead of having these huge fights about Matt and Scott that pop up ever so often.

Ali [mutantmanifesto] said:
hahaha wut? Anyway, usually "MATT SHARP LIVES!" people are close minded and unaccepting of change. I'm not one for such sweeping generalizations, though -_-

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Brian gets my vote.

Also, while a couple people mentioned getting a Tom Petty vibe from Brian's singing, I find his vocals to be more reminiscent of Elvis Costello.

Posts like that will lead you to a spam suspension imho. Weezer/Rivers get involved with charities occasionally.

I don't idolize people from alternative rock bands and neither should you, "matt_fucking_sharp." Hilarious sn for a multitude of reasons, by the way.

Matt Sharp seems to have mellowed out and become a pretty cool dude in the past few years so I don't have anything against him, if that's what you're assuming. I just think his contributions to Weezer have been blown hugely out of proportion.

matt_f*cking_sharp said:

You know your hero is evil :D? Of course you did

Michael Rowland (NOT GOHI) said:

You do know that most cases are settled out of court because it's incredibly expensive to stay in trial for a long period of time and most people would rather get it over with and just pay the other party?
Of course you didn't. 

mattsharp_wasright said:

And sorry for te grammar I'm on an iPod
Also If he lied, why would rivers want it settled out of court?
Matt won, did you know that? THATS WHY Rivers had it settled out of court, he didn't want people to know
And Scott doesn't compare to Matt, Thank You and have a nice day
Matt Sharp & Pat Wilson

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service