Who's your favorite singer in Weezer? (besides the big guy, of course)

Any of them can harmonize you to multiple eargasms, but what about when singing lead?

Winner: Scott

For my money, I want to hear more of Scott. He has a unique voice. The work he did on 'King' and 'Cold Dark World' was awesome and brought a little bit of - dare I say - toughness to the Weez. Perhaps his time with Rob Van Winkel brought out his grittiness.

Runner up: Brian

I can't really get into Space Twins, but Brian absolutely destroys when harmonizing with Rivers. His easy- breezy twang definitely  brings something different to the group, but as a lead guy, I have mixed feelings. 'Thought I Knew' is dull. 'It's Easy' makes better use of his pipes. Depending on how Rivers is feeling, we may get to hear more out of Brian and I'll have a more solidified opinion.

Still Special and Good:  Pat 

The Special Goodness basically sounds like a so-so Weezer. I like Pat, but his voice a little bit too similar to in tone, quality, and range to Rivers. I don't think that you're getting a very different feel, so why not just have Rivers sing?

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite besides Rivers is Brian. His voice (for some reason) reminds me of Tom Petty on Thought I Knew, and Petty is one of my favorite singers.
Scott would be second. Cold Dark World is underrated.
Pat is good, but I can't get into his voice as much as the others.
Im glad Im not alone on the Tom Petty vibe from Brian.

Anyway, id have to say as it stands right now: Pat>Brian>Scott vox wise. Pat has been doing some crazy good vocals during the most recent shows (looking at you, Longtime Sunshine).
Matt. Definitely.

Wow, I'm surprised at anyone voting Matt. The dude can't sing his way out of a paper bag. Pat does his falsettos way better these days. Usually the people who like Matt are clueless as to how easy it is to do those falsetto back-ups.

And don't get me started on his vocals for the Rentals albums, lolz.

This. Always thought so.

Michael Rowland (NOT GOHI) said:

Wow, I'm surprised at anyone voting Matt. The dude can't sing his way out of a paper bag. Pat does his falsettos way better these days. Usually the people who like Matt are clueless as to how easy it is to do those falsetto back-ups.

And don't get me started on his vocals for the Rentals albums, lolz.

hahaha wut? Anyway, usually "MATT SHARP LIVES!" people are close minded and unaccepting of change. I'm not one for such sweeping generalizations, though -_-

What a ridiculous thing to say.
Okay enough let's stop talking about it now just everyone drop it. Let's be grown ups here 

I thought the whole matt argument ended like 4 months ago geezus

And to answer the question my favorite is a tie between Scott and Brian 

Let's be fair:

Scott is a far better bassist than Matt ever was.

Scott tries to steer Rivers in the right direction.

I've never seen anyone acknowledge whether Matt's lawsuit was just or not.

*who's.

That's enough shizz-talking from the both of you. There's no need to be rude.

lewis, what has matt ever done to you?
lewis, if you stop responding to him the conversation will stop and the thread will continue as originally intended. you're not exactly being perfect in this thread either, so maybe both of you should shut up.
Don't hate on Scott OR Matt. They are both good people and bassists. There's no need to hate on them. C'mon guys, do you think weezer appreciates this abuse?
Pat is my favorite.  I love The Special Goodness.
Scott is 2nd.  King is an amazing song, and for some reason, I think Scott was born to sing Maladroit songs
Brian is 3rd.  I like his back ups, but dont like it when it's just his voice.

Matt was ok.  Its funny how on Rentals albums, he sings so much lower than what he ever sang on a weezer record.

mattsharp_wasright said:
Yeah I don't even know what the f*ck a troll is but I guess it takes one to know one Now discussions over

Lewis Digges said:
No, I believe that you are the troll here trolling around seeing who you could fight with about Scott. You're the one who brought it up with your hatred not me. In before the lock.

mattsharp_wasright said:
Hey I just gave my opinion that Matt was the best backup singer and this "troll" starts getting mad t me, I never said I hated Scott so idk what's his problem

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video