I can't stand it - what about you?

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Listened to these the other night, but our computer is in the bedroom and the hubby was sawing logs so damn loudly that it began to interfere with my concentration.  Sounding appealing so far:  Blackalicious, Blu & Exile, Busdriver, Lyrics Born, and Mos Def.  Going to listen more.

fluck [kittenž (j.biebž)] said:

it's friday, so f*** it.
since everyone always says "i like old rap," here's newer stuff.
sorry trevs, there are samples involved, and there's not a ton of comical appeal.

aesop rock - daylight
aesop rock - none shall pass
blackalicious - alphabet aerobics
blackalicious - deception
blu & exile - blu colla workers
busdriver - happiness ('s unit of measurement)
cannibal ox - atom
daedelus feat. busdriver - quiet now
deltron 3030 - things you can do
dr. octagon - blue flowers
el-p - up all night
el-p - deep space 9mm
fashawn feat. blu - samsonite man
gift of gab - up
jay electronica - act 1: eternal sunshine (the pledge)
latyrx - the quickening (the wreckoning, pt. 2)
lyrics born - bad dreams
madvillain - accordion
madvillain - great day
mos def feat. slick rick - auditorium
mos def - quiet dog bite hard
mr. lif feat. el-p - phantom
mr. lif - the sun
nocando - head static
quasimoto feat. mf doom - closer

i loves me some rap, but like any style of music, theres ok, great, and crap. nice list, fluck!

im into very old school (70s/early 80s crew stuff), classic old school (like the Eric B stuff embedded above), and in particular the golden age of the new school stuff where sampling really got sophisticated - Public Enemy, Black Sheep, beasties (pauls botique), de la soul, jungle brothers, first Wu Tang album, etc. basically that 1987-1993 zone where things really exploded. but theres good stuff in all eras including current.

i also have a soft spot for the first gangsta rapper, Philadelphia's Schooly-D. he was like a bull in a china shop - SO not smooth but he just didnt give a crap.

this one is the ultimate cool yet LOL track. LOVE the over the top drum programming and the spooky "you are on the wrong damn side of town" vibe...

but it also contains the hilarious utterly contradictory lines:

"Black is beautiful, brown is it
yellow is okay but white ain’t s***
No man I’m not a racist or a fanatic..."

YES!

Nice to see another who remembers the greatness of Eric B and Rakim. Schooly D is also excellent. Good list, Karl. Let's not forget EPMD.

karl koch [karlophone] said:

i loves me some rap, but like any style of music, theres ok, great, and crap. nice list, fluck!

im into very old school (70s/early 80s crew stuff), classic old school (like the Eric B stuff embedded above), and in particular the golden age of the new school stuff where sampling really got sophisticated - Public Enemy, Black Sheep, beasties (pauls botique), de la soul, jungle brothers, first Wu Tang album, etc. basically that 1987-1993 zone where things really exploded. but theres good stuff in all eras including current.

i also have a soft spot for the first gangsta rapper, Philadelphia's Schooly-D. he was like a bull in a china shop - SO not smooth but he just didnt give a crap.

this one is the ultimate cool yet LOL track. LOVE the over the top drum programming and the spooky "you are on the wrong damn side of town" vibe...

but it also contains the hilarious utterly contradictory lines:

"Black is beautiful, brown is it
yellow is okay but white ain’t s***
No man I’m not a racist or a fanatic..."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…