You can't always get what you want- Stones
Folsom prison blues -Johnny cash
Already gone -Eagles

This weird mix gives them a chance to show off guitar and vocal harmony
Sweet home chicago...forgot that one

Teenage Dirtbag

because...

1) It's an awesome song

2) They already play it when they go to the UK because people there get the joke. But people in the US are dumb and actually think it's a Weezer song so they might as well play it here too and just roll with it.

Kids/pokerface

Not!!!

Weezer should take notes - Farkas doesn't care for that cover anymore!

I have issues with anyone who ever cared for that cover beyond the first novelty value instance!

I'd absolutely love them to do a cover of Not the Sun by Brand New, I think it's a very Weezer sounding song at heart but different enough to make it a really refreshing song at concerts.

If this cover happened, I'd die a happier man.

I love Brand New and the whole Devil and God album, but where do you hear Weezer in Not the Sun?

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:

I have issues with anyone who ever cared for that cover beyond the first novelty value instance!

I'd absolutely love them to do a cover of Not the Sun by Brand New, I think it's a very Weezer sounding song at heart but different enough to make it a really refreshing song at concerts.

I think the guitar work, especially in the verses are totally Weezer, you've got some background vocals that are straight out of the 90's Weez playbook (the "so I can't breathe" counterpoint in particular) and I've always thought Not the Sun's bridge is the spiritual cousin of The Good Life's because of the mood it creates and those pretty vocal harmonies that are filtering through the bridge just make it even more Weezer like imo.

Nick said:

I love Brand New and the whole Devil and God album, but where do you hear Weezer in Not the Sun?

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video