Hey Peeps!

ima long-time weez fan, but new to the forums, so I'm gonna start one of these things:

2 Questions:

a) Do you think Where's My Sex is a positive contribution to Hurley?

b) Is the premise of the song crucial to it's appreciation (substituting "socks" for "sex" ?)

Personally, I LOVE that song, but I think thats because I know the point of the song, otherwise I think I would find the lyrics awkward and confusing.

what do y'all think ?

Views: 671

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

jKlein said:
This whole time I thought the song was called "Where's my checks?" now I'm confused. Why would sex be under a bench?
lol thats awesome

I think Love is the Answer fits fine on Raditude...

Where's My Sex? fits on Hurley, but it's just not a very good song.

Radioactive said:

I don't think "Where's My Sex?" is a bad song, but I think if Hurley, Death to False Metal and Raditude's tracks were dispersed differently we'd see way better records.

Like, Raditude is a mostly fun and kinda goofy record, but "Love is the Answer" is often overlooked because it is so incredibly out of place.  If "Love is the Answer" was on Hurley, perhaps people would receive it a bit differently.

It's a different story than, say, the Red album, which had all amazing tracks but needed a different order and it's questionable about what bonus tracks should have been album tracks.  For example...  "Cold Dark World", while not a bad song, would have been so much better as a bonus track.  If "King" were Scott's track 9 and "Automatic" were Pat's track 8, the album would have been improved so epicly.  And as amazing as "Everybody Get Dangerous" and "Troublemaker" are...  Other bonus tracks would have fit the spirit of the album better imo.

So it's not really the song so much as it is the placement. 

That's actually a brilliant point. I've never thought of that.

Radioactive said:

I don't think "Where's My Sex?" is a bad song, but I think if Hurley, Death to False Metal and Raditude's tracks were dispersed differently we'd see way better records.

Like, Raditude is a mostly fun and kinda goofy record, but "Love is the Answer" is often overlooked because it is so incredibly out of place.  If "Love is the Answer" was on Hurley, perhaps people would receive it a bit differently.

It's a different story than, say, the Red album, which had all amazing tracks but needed a different order and it's questionable about what bonus tracks should have been album tracks.  For example...  "Cold Dark World", while not a bad song, would have been so much better as a bonus track.  If "King" were Scott's track 9 and "Automatic" were Pat's track 8, the album would have been improved so epicly.  And as amazing as "Everybody Get Dangerous" and "Troublemaker" are...  Other bonus tracks would have fit the spirit of the album better imo.

So it's not really the song so much as it is the placement. 

I love "Where's My Sex" I was surprised by the negative reception from fans that it got. I think it is the closest thing to a "Pinkerton" sound we have had in a long time. Now, I am not one of those Weezer fans that just hates everything after Pinkerton, nor do I love everything they have done. (Brave New World and The Green Album are two main things I dont care for.) But I think it is VERY important to listen to everything with an open mind.

Where's My Sex is just a fun song that I believe the band, (especially Rivers) had a GREAT time writing and performing. The bridge is my favorite part of the song :) Sorry, I went off topic a bit in the beginning. But yes, I love this song. 

I think where's my sex is awesome. One of the best on the album in my opinion.

And yeh knowing the story behind it makes the song much better.

this song reminds me of across the sea. so f****** good. if i ever see cuomo, ill need to remember to put a gold star on his forehead for this A+ of a composition.
LOL no

Gene Simmons said:
this song reminds me of across the sea. so f****** good. if i ever see cuomo, ill need to remember to put a gold star on his forehead for this A+ of a composition.

I've tried typing up alternate tracklistings for Raditude and Hurley; I honestly think they're a lot better, even with the same songs.   I may post them later.

And there's really nothing wrong with "Love is the Answer".  It's just a different style. It seems pretty authentic which I think is cool.  Hurley could have had a more acoustic and exotic sound with a few track switches, and Raditude could've been more completely poppy.

Naw, it's not just the style champ.

All they did was make it sound like it belonged in a Pokemon movie. Nothing about the track is genuinely exotic or emotional.

imo.

I really like the song...I think its pretty funny/amusing....especially because I often mishear lyrics in weezer songs and this time the word is mixed up on purpose...also reminds me of Kings of Leon...Your Sex is On Fire which sounds like socks... I'm sure this is what every 3 year old hears....

i wish he'd be more strange with his lyrics like this song more often.  before i knew the origin of the song, i liked how little it made sense to me, because weezer has a tendency to be too straightforward nowadays.

Crab makes the least sense :P but i love it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video