Hey Peeps!

ima long-time weez fan, but new to the forums, so I'm gonna start one of these things:

2 Questions:

a) Do you think Where's My Sex is a positive contribution to Hurley?

b) Is the premise of the song crucial to it's appreciation (substituting "socks" for "sex" ?)

Personally, I LOVE that song, but I think thats because I know the point of the song, otherwise I think I would find the lyrics awkward and confusing.

what do y'all think ?

Views: 671

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, guys. Break it up!

It's definitely NOT a positive contribution to the album.

Look here: http://weezer.com/forum/topics/hurley-survivor-game

I'd probably say half the album isn't a positive contribution towards the album, unless you mean a positive contribution towards an average album.

oh hey the expert on message boards forgot to answer the initial questions.

"either answer the question or don't respond," indeed.

thiefyouvetaken said:

All im saying is a forum is suppose to be somewhere where people can go and ask other people with a common interest questions. This person has a question about a song on a WEEZER album so they go to the bands official site to ask others people thoughts. You dont have to be a b**ch about it. Either answer the question or dont respond
So for those of you who don't care for Where's My Sex?" :
What exactly about the song makes it "terrible" ?
Is it the lyrics, the guitars or the tempo?
It's got to be the lyrics and the bridge. But I like those.

Jesse Dobson said:
So for those of you who don't care for Where's My Sex?" : What exactly about the song makes it "terrible" ? Is it the lyrics, the guitars or the tempo?
leave it to kittens to be an ass on a well meaning forum...
The lyrics, the voice effects, and partially the chorus melody.

Jesse Dobson said:
So for those of you who don't care for Where's My Sex?" :
What exactly about the song makes it "terrible" ?
Is it the lyrics, the guitars or the tempo?

I don't think "Where's My Sex?" is a bad song, but I think if Hurley, Death to False Metal and Raditude's tracks were dispersed differently we'd see way better records.

Like, Raditude is a mostly fun and kinda goofy record, but "Love is the Answer" is often overlooked because it is so incredibly out of place.  If "Love is the Answer" was on Hurley, perhaps people would receive it a bit differently.

It's a different story than, say, the Red album, which had all amazing tracks but needed a different order and it's questionable about what bonus tracks should have been album tracks.  For example...  "Cold Dark World", while not a bad song, would have been so much better as a bonus track.  If "King" were Scott's track 9 and "Automatic" were Pat's track 8, the album would have been improved so epicly.  And as amazing as "Everybody Get Dangerous" and "Troublemaker" are...  Other bonus tracks would have fit the spirit of the album better imo.

So it's not really the song so much as it is the placement. 

^interesting, I think Love is the Answer would've better fit Hurley. Personally i really like "where's my sex", it's just a fun, diffrent song that i enjoy listening to for no particular reason

Radioactive said:

I don't think "Where's My Sex?" is a bad song, but I think if Hurley, Death to False Metal and Raditude's tracks were dispersed differently we'd see way better records.

Like, Raditude is a mostly fun and kinda goofy record, but "Love is the Answer" is often overlooked because it is so incredibly out of place.  If "Love is the Answer" was on Hurley, perhaps people would receive it a bit differently.

It's a different story than, say, the Red album, which had all amazing tracks but needed a different order and it's questionable about what bonus tracks should have been album tracks.  For example...  "Cold Dark World", while not a bad song, would have been so much better as a bonus track.  If "King" were Scott's track 9 and "Automatic" were Pat's track 8, the album would have been improved so epicly.  And as amazing as "Everybody Get Dangerous" and "Troublemaker" are...  Other bonus tracks would have fit the spirit of the album better imo.

So it's not really the song so much as it is the placement. 

Thats to true about love is the answer being better on Hurley! Just switch Where's My sSex and Love Is The Answer (and do a little remixing of coarse)
This whole time I thought the song was called "Where's my checks?" now I'm confused. Why would sex be under a bench?
I think Love Is The Answer would be "overlooked" wherever it landed because it's just a terrible, terrible song.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video