Rivers said on here a while ago that they just booked some shows, and I heard about the show in NJ, but do you know when/if they're going to announce more?

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PLZ COME TO CANADA. (OTTAWA/MONTREAL SPECIFICALLY)

Well, if he is a huge douchebag (even though I've heard that he's actually pretty nice) atleast he's talented. Unlike Justin Bieber.

☺♥ kittens bieber ♥☺ said:
you don't know much about rivers, do you? have fun with that.

Marie said:

I think there's other stuff included in the VIP package too though, like better seating.

I agree, sometimes it's sad when people spend tons of money just to meet someone. I know a girl who's obsessed with Justin Bieber, and they told me that he's one of their best friends because they met him 3 times and gave him a present each time (after going to some extreme lengths). I think THAT is sad. Especially since Justin Bieber is just a huge douche bag with minimal music talent.

no, there's a lot wrong with it.

that anyone would pay hundreds of dollars to spend 5 awkward minutes with a band that doesn't actually care about you is just incredibly sad.

Jordan said:

And there's nothing wrong with that, Kittens.

fixed

Marie said:
I just hope there's more shows with VIP tickets, I REALLY want to pay weezer to meet me!
Eh, it's more like 5 awkward seconds at the Chicago shows. ILAA really dropped the ball in Chicago... but that 'no refunds' stipulation is rough stuff.

no, there's a lot wrong with it.

that anyone would pay hundreds of dollars to spend 5 awkward minutes with a band that doesn't actually care about you is just incredibly sad.

Jordan said:

And there's nothing wrong with that, Kittens.

fixed

Marie said:
I just hope there's more shows with VIP tickets, I REALLY want to pay weezer to meet me!
Wrong.

Jordan said:

Never meet your heroes, right?

VIP is great, especially if you're coming from a distance like I was. If you're going to spend $70 or whatever on a normal ticket, then if you can afford it, you might as well spend the extra money to guarantee a front row spot, souvenirs, etc. If you look at, it costs about $70 for a ticket,  about $60 for the amount of merchandise you get, and depending on the venue, up to $20 for parking (free parking is included in the VIP package.) So really, it just comes to paying about $150 to meet the band, get a front row spot, backstage tour, talk to karl, compete in raffles, eat snacks. And the best thing is not having to wait hours outside to get a good GA view of the concert. (Which is probably worth the money itself, imo.)
Yeah so if you're planning on buying a lot of stuff, getting a good spot, and you really want to meet the band, VIP is definitely worth it

btw, why does every ATW thread end up talking about Justin Bieber?
Stefan brings up a good point. During the winter, the VIP tickets are definitely worth it. It was horrible waiting out in the cold for Blue.

Yes!  We had VIP tix for the second night of shows in NYC and I wish we had gotten them for the first night as well.  The meet and greet was quick, yes, but still a fun adventure.  And yes, you get a bunch of other stuff, including a close spot for the show.  The close spot in and of itself was worth it for me.  Roseland Ballroom is not the smallest "small venue" and the shows were PACKED!  I am usually pretty good at getting myself right up front, but for the Blue album night we were stuck fairly far back for the first half of the show.  Being an average height female, I couldn't see ANYTHING for the "greatest hits" set.  We were able to move closer during the intermission and could see pretty well for the Blue Album portion, but I still feel like I almost missed the first half of the show.  The VIP early entry allowed us to secure a spot right up against the baracade for the Pinkerton night, making it one of the best concert experiences I've ever had. So yes, well worth it. 

Also, when we did get to meet the band during the photo-op, every one was really friendly and nice.  

Stefan said:

VIP is great, especially if you're coming from a distance like I was. If you're going to spend $70 or whatever on a normal ticket, then if you can afford it, you might as well spend the extra money to guarantee a front row spot, souvenirs, etc. If you look at, it costs about $70 for a ticket,  about $60 for the amount of merchandise you get, and depending on the venue, up to $20 for parking (free parking is included in the VIP package.) So really, it just comes to paying about $150 to meet the band, get a front row spot, backstage tour, talk to karl, compete in raffles, eat snacks. And the best thing is not having to wait hours outside to get a good GA view of the concert. (Which is probably worth the money itself, imo.)
Yeah so if you're planning on buying a lot of stuff, getting a good spot, and you really want to meet the band, VIP is definitely worth it

If Weezer had done VIP to raise funds for a charity, something for everyone to feel good about, then I could certainly lend my support.  But for a band to ask devoted fans to pay to meet them in this way, is just self-serving greed.
Wow.  I don't see how it's your business (or anyone else's) how somebody pays for their concert tickets.  

just going to remind everyone that your mom bought the ticket for you.

Stefan said:

It's true, my mom got me a ticket for christmas, but that doesn't have anything to do with this discussion at all. If I had to, I would have saved up my own money and bought my own ticket. Ocktobermama is right, it is none of your business and it has nothing to do with the topic.

It is none of Kittens' business, true, but it does affect your argument a bit.

Stefan, you're lucky. My parents laughed at me when I wanted to get a VIP ticket to see my favorite band Dream Theater when I was your age.

Stefan said:
It's true, my mom got me a ticket for christmas, but that doesn't have anything to do with this discussion at all. If I had to, I would have saved up my own money and bought my own ticket. Ocktobermama is right, it is none of your business and it has nothing to do with the topic.

Didn't you go VIP with your mom too? 

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
It is none of Kittens' business, true, but it does affect your argument a bit.

Stefan, you're lucky. My parents laughed at me when I wanted to get a VIP ticket to see my favorite band Dream Theater when I was your age.

Stefan said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video