I haven't been able to stop dreaming since the Chicago 'memories' shows. It started simple: why doesn't Josh hook the band up with Mark Mothersbaugh so they could all work on a track together. Then it kept growing: THEN Mark could get that track to Wes Anderson and they could work on his next soundtrack...... Well the ideas kept coming until I reached my ULTIMATE WEEZER WISH----

A tour with Weezer & the Aquabats {with Tom Waits as MC!).

So, now it's your turn. What is your ULTIMATE WEEZER WISH?

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Let's suppose Weezer follows this bit of fan advice and focuses more on their own interests. In doing so wouldn't they, ultimately, be doing what the fans want? A bit paradoxical, no?

David Stepp (DJS92491) said:
I wish for Weezer to focus more on what they want more than what the fans want when it comes to making new albums.  A prime example of what happens when Weezer focuses on themselves more than their fans: Pinkerton.  If the band as a unit loves what they have created, then the fans will have to see this and embrace the same love for the creation.
My wish... Weezer continues to have a successful career for many more years, and don't end their career with the band breaking up (like so many others), and then get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
that they come to philadelphia.  :)
I would like to see them do what Brian Wilson did with the Smile album.  I think at some point they should go into the studio and record the original concept of songs from the black h***, in its entirety.  That is my wish.
iloveopiates said:
I would like to see them do what Brian Wilson did with the Smile album.  I think at some point they should go into the studio and record the original concept of songs from the black h***, in its entirety.  That is my wish.

This.
How about developing SFTBH into a theatrical off-broadway number....
Homie > Songs From the Black H***. Noobs better recognize.
I wish I could hop on a plane and head west to see the show tonight in Vegas. Oh wait, what... what's that? Really... turns out MY WISH IS ABOUT TO COME TRUE! My flight leaves in t-minus 4 hours and counting...
so jealous... I would do the same thing if I could... I saw both nights in Chicago and I would love to do it all over again... enjoy it, it's a blast!

Crystal P. {Space Cadet} said:
I wish I could hop on a plane and head west to see the show tonight in Vegas. Oh wait, what... what's that? Really... turns out MY WISH IS ABOUT TO COME TRUE! My flight leaves in t-minus 4 hours and counting...
I want a pony
A thousand times this.  Only you could make it more than 20.  And if they don't want to go back to the Black H***, that's ok.  And for their non-fan fans who think the band hasn't written good music since Pinkerton to go away. 

Chris C said:

My wish is that they would keep recording music for the next 20 years and for Rivers to keep writing songs the way he wants to. And Songs from the Black H*** would be nice too

I wish that they'd do a concert to raise money for Doctors Without Borders and invite a bunch of really cool bands to play with them, hootenanny style.

Catching all that raw talent live like that would be pretty epic. Everyone seems so caught up in digital music that the magic of live recording seems to be getting lost in the shuffle. Capturing a moment is important.

Just off the top of my head, I'd like to see them jam with the Avett Brothers, Government Mule, The Stones, Paul and Ringo along with Dhani Harrison, Clapton, Adele, Emmylou Harris, Carolina Chocolate Drops, KISS... etc.

Why? Well, because Doctors Without Borders helps a lot of people in the world who can't help themselves, and they need the money much worse than a charity for dogs or PBS or what have you. And, I think it'd be selfish to wish that they'd come hang out in my living room, drink all my scotch or whatever, and jam with me when they could do something more benevolent.

I would, of course, like a pass and maybe some stage time with the jam session, I guess.

There's my Weezer wish. A star studded hootenanny with me in the middle, all the while raising money for my favorite cause. That would be rockin', epic, and historic.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video