I think I like "We are All on Drugs" the best, but I like the "Beverly Hills" one too.

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Besides that, I would think the whether or not you like the song would have a direct bearing on whether or not you like the video, unless you plan on watching it on mute

placemats said:
Gosh David, I only see one person who did that.  If your going to be a dictator, at least have the bollocks to respond directly to the person you are trying to dictate.

David Stepp (DJS92491) said:

Some of you are adding your personal opinions of the song instead of the music video itself.  This isn't a favorite singles discussion.  This is a favorite music video discussion.

I've had mix feelings about the Buddy Holly video ever since I read Rivers' views of the video in the past as the video that made people take Weezer less seriously musically, but in terms of creativity and humor that is the best music video, in my opinion.

As for my personal favorite, it has to go to Perfect Situation.  Developed a one day mini crush on Elisha Cuthbert because of the video, but besides that, I love the fictional storyline of Weezer once being called Weeze and were first fronted by a female lead vocalist who is consumed by the rock star lifestyle.  I really enjoyed the acting in the video by the band (and of course Elisha) with Rivers being the stand out playing the role as the poorly treated servant/boyfriend of the lead singer.  The breakout of Rivers on stage after Elisha went downhill is one of my favorite moments in Weezer music video history, and with all of that, makes the music video for Perfect Situation my favorite.

Actually, the first video featuring Scott was "Photograph".

I think Weezer is one of those bands that have lots of great videos but my favourites would have to be:

Buddy Holly
Keep Fishin'
We Are All On Drugs
Perfect Situation
I Want You To

I cant believe some people chose videos from Pinkerton, theyre awful. Badly directed and some with barely even a concept at all.

crystal_iceburg said:

i can't believe nobody has said Dope Nose!!! japanese biker gangs? explosions? lumberjack rivers? scott's first vid? this was a defining moment in =w=land!

also good videos:

buddy holly

goodlife

island in the sun (both versions)

keep fishin'

perfect situation

pork and beans

i want you to

Spaz, you have a point, but you can also see mine.  I'm not the biggest fan of We Are All On Drugs, but I do like the music video.  You could say that I'm more of a fan of the song for it's music video more than the song itself.

placemats, I really doubt having any type of "bollocks" is needed in a forum.  My observation being dictatorial is a stretch as well.  All it really takes is just one person for other people to follow their lead.  Maybe it isn't my place to be saying that, but it's nothing big enough for me to have to be called out for either.

SPAZ said:

Besides that, I would think the whether or not you like the song would have a direct bearing on whether or not you like the video, unless you plan on watching it on mute

placemats said:
Gosh David, I only see one person who did that.  If your going to be a dictator, at least have the bollocks to respond directly to the person you are trying to dictate.

Some of you are adding your personal opinions of the song instead of the music video itself.  This isn't a favorite singles discussion.  This is a favorite music video discussion.

I've had mix feelings about the Buddy Holly video ever since I read Rivers' views of the video in the past as the video that made people take Weezer less seriously musically, but in terms of creativity and humor that is the best music video, in my opinion.

As for my personal favorite, it has to go to Perfect Situation.  Developed a one day mini crush on Elisha Cuthbert because of the video, but besides that, I love the fictional storyline of Weezer once being called Weeze and were first fronted by a female lead vocalist who is consumed by the rock star lifestyle.  I really enjoyed the acting in the video by the band (and of course Elisha) with Rivers being the stand out playing the role as the poorly treated servant/boyfriend of the lead singer.  The breakout of Rivers on stage after Elisha went downhill is one of my favorite moments in Weezer music video history, and with all of that, makes the music video for Perfect Situation my favorite.

Right now, my favorite video is probably "I'm Your Daddy". It really gives you a great idea on the atmosphere of their shows these days. But story-wise videos, my favorites are Perfect Situation and Buddy Holly.
Buddy Holly. The part where Brian wiggles his tongue at the uber hot nerd girl makes me crack up every time.
I like the Troulbemaker video, but you can't go wrong with Keep Fishing.
Oh, I forgot about I want you to. That one is a great video.

Indiekid said:
Actually, the first video featuring Scott was "Photograph".

I think Weezer is one of those bands that have lots of great videos but my favourites would have to be:

Buddy Holly
Keep Fishin'
We Are All On Drugs
Perfect Situation
I Want You To

I cant believe some people chose videos from Pinkerton, theyre awful. Badly directed and some with barely even a concept at all.

crystal_iceburg said:

i can't believe nobody has said Dope Nose!!! japanese biker gangs? explosions? lumberjack rivers? scott's first vid? this was a defining moment in =w=land!

also good videos:

buddy holly

goodlife

island in the sun (both versions)

keep fishin'

perfect situation

pork and beans

i want you to

Go in peace, young Sassquatch.

Spaz, you have a point, but you can also see mine.  I'm not the biggest fan of We Are All On Drugs, but I do like the music video.  You could say that I'm more of a fan of the song for it's music video more than the song itself.

placemats, I really doubt having any type of "bollocks" is needed in a forum.  My observation being dictatorial is a stretch as well.  All it really takes is just one person for other people to follow their lead.  Maybe it isn't my place to be saying that, but it's nothing big enough for me to have to be called out for either.

SPAZ said:

placemats said:

I'd have to say "Undone - The Sweater Song" then maybe "Troublemaker"

Well, I love the 'Happy Days' and 'Muppets' in "Buddy Holly" and "Keep Fishin'"...  and all the memes in "Pork and Beans"...  So it's really hard to decide.

But in the end, I guess it's "The Good Life".  Because it's random.  Or "(If You're Wondering if I Want You To) I Want You To".  Hilarious.

I love "Buddy Holly" and "Undone - The Sweater Song" (Rivers' hair/random dogs are epic), and then I guess after that I'd have to say "Perfect Situation"/"Pork and Beans"...
very true. aha, forgive me for my ignorance.

placemats said:
Personally, I think Pat getting tied up by Miss Piggy beats that.

sarah leeper said:
Cmon people. HASH PIPE! Nothing beats the sumo wrestlers!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video