Hello all,

I'm getting married in a few months and the girl and I are fighting over music for some of the special stuff that goes on through-out the night (i.e. first dance, entrance, exit).  Does anybody have any stellar Weezer songs that would work for the following categories (see below)?  With your help I may be able to at least get one category fulfilled by the Weezer.

Here's some of the musical cues we need (remember.. obviously looking for weezer songs):

1.  Bride Entrance (never going to happen BTW)
2.  Ceremony Exit
3.  Reception Entrance
4.  First Dance
5.  Father/Daughter Dance
6.  Mother/Son Dance
7.  Reception Exit (I'm thinking My Best Friend from MB for this.....)

All help is Uber-appreciated!

Tags: Marriage, Wedding

Views: 1776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good choices ......

I agree with all the only in dreams shouts!!

Ron Hall said:
we played Island in the sun at our wedding. our first dance was My Best Friend ( the Queen version not weezer)
Entrance:

Throne Room theme from Star Wars New Hope - Priest dressed as Leia, me as Han, Bride as Luke, Father in Law is Chewey.

Exit:

End theme to Jurassic park. Look at birds fly through window of car while driving off.
1. Hash Pipe
2. Can't Stop Partying
3. Why Bother? (at which point you may choose to leave the wedding)
4. Crab
5. Where's My Sex?
6. Tired of Sex
7. I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams
My Evaline
Susanne
Jamie
O Lisa

If her name just so happens to be one of them...
their version of annie's song
We danced to Only in Dreams at our wedding not as our first dance, but actually as the last dance of the night at the end of the reception. Definitely would recommend that one. I also agree that IYWIIWYTIWYT would be fun for ceremony exit or something of the like. Good luck!
we used island in the sun for our ceremony exit, it was beautiful. if you get a string quartet or a classical guitars to play the ceremony songs, they will sound sooooo great

1. prettiest girl in the whole wide world
2. island in the sun
3. i want you to
4. only in dreams
5. baby or i'm your daddy
6. always
7. love explosion
That's a nice list Crystal.

crystal_iceburg said:
we used island in the sun for our ceremony exit, it was beautiful. if you get a string quartet or a classical guitars to play the ceremony songs, they will sound sooooo great

1. prettiest girl in the whole wide world
2. island in the sun
3. i want you to
4. only in dreams
5. baby or i'm your daddy
6. always
7. love explosion
1. My Evaline
2. Velouria
3. Miss Sweeney
4. Jamie (It's about a lawyer, but who cares. It's still one of Rivers' very best songs)
5. Hang On
6. Suzanne
7. Can't Stop Partying (Rivers demo, skip the horrid Raditude version.)
8. Fit Prettiest Girl in the Whole Wide World (Rivers Demo) in somewhere.
I like the idea of isalnd of the sun, but i also think that it might be a good idea for the song If Your Wandering If I Want You To I Want You To. And yes, dont play the song Tired of sex.
Or Where's My Sex.

Myles Farley said:
I like the idea of isalnd of the sun, but i also think that it might be a good idea for the song If Your Wandering If I Want You To I Want You To. And yes, dont play the song Tired of sex.
Why? Does his lady not care for socks?

elscorcho said:
Or Where's My Sex.

Myles Farley said:
I like the idea of isalnd of the sun, but i also think that it might be a good idea for the song If Your Wandering If I Want You To I Want You To. And yes, dont play the song Tired of sex.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video