I am just learning to play guitar...I've played other instruments such as piano n sax....wanted to know some suggestions for easy weezer songs to learn for a beginner.....taught myself mykel n carli...@ least part of it so far

Well any help is appreciated

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the damage in your heart
Undone, why bother, and pretty much everything from the green album. 
Beverly Hills, pork and beans, hash pipe, memories, I want you to, I'm your daddy, trouble maker, why bother, buddy holly, photograph. anything on hurley and green is pretty simple.

Butterfly might not be too difficult.

You may not want to take advice from me though, I've never even touched a guitar.

also, if you're just doing chords, pink triangle and the other way are pretty easy. also.... beverly hills and tripping down the freeway.

Jordan said:

Butterfly might not be too difficult.

You may not want to take advice from me though, I've never even touched a guitar.

Undone, Pork and Beans and El Scorcho. In the Garage takes a bit more practice but is really fun to play when you learn it.
Everything that isn't Pinkerton?
Probably Troublemaker and Pig.
Beverly hills
Good question! I play piano pretty well, and I can play a little guitar (I know all the chords from American Pie--I think there are about 7?) but I don't really like the acoustic. Tonight, I got the electric guitar out of the spare room and decided I was going to teach myself Say It Ain't So--ha! 

So, I guess my follow up question is: Easiest guitar solo on the electric guitar? I feel like maybe when I have a "win" in my column I'll be more motivated to practice the harder songs.
butterfly's pretty easy.  Undone, too.
Most =W= songs are simple barre chord progressions, some with little arpeggio riffs (SIAS, Undone, Pork and Beans). With the exception of Rivers' solos It's all stuff that's easily attainable for a novice player. The thing to remember when you're listening to the studio recordings is that multiple guitar parts are layered, so you're hearing inversions, harmonizations, etc. that you can't duplicate by yourself (unless you have a looper or some seriously otherworldly guitar chops). Have fun!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video