...If you could trade in one weezer album (take it out of weezer's history completely as if they never wrote it) to retire scott shriner and get matt sharp back, which album would you trade?

Make Believe

Tags: bassist, matt, sharp, shriner, trade

Views: 430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's the beauty of it. It's perfectly worded.

Mr. Sweeney said:
This question couldn't make less sense if you tried.
snickers might be boarder-line retarded.

Snickers (ka.jr) said:

Mr. Sweeney said:
Borderline?

Dungeon Master said:

Snickers (ka.jr) said:

Mr. Sweeney said:
yeah, good point...

Mr. Sweeney said:
Borderline?

Dungeon Master said:

Snickers (ka.jr) said:

Mr. Sweeney said:
You're retarded.

Scott Shriner is an amazing bassist. I'd say between him, Mark Stoermer and Emma Anzai, he is one of the best bassists today.
I would trade an album to KEEP him. Ughh can't stand all this Matt Sharp loive.

Scott >>>>>>> Matt
I would never do that. f*** Matt Sharp.
A cool experiment. Bring in Matt Sharp to help select the tracks for a Weezer album. It will either destroy the myth that he had any positive influence (lol, not really, but maybe) or show his presence was more than a necessary one.

I had read somewhere RIvers was still sending him tracks in 99/00 asking for opinions on the Green era stuff. Wouldn't surprise me. Sharp's sensibilities are strong. Of course, Rivers writing is the magic, but I believe Sharp helped make him cool. I mean, ffs, the guy told Rivers Butterfly HAD to go on Pinkerton. He knows his s***.
iawtp

Scott [scotttheweezerfan] said:
I would never do that. f*** Matt Sharp.
Wow I never thought about that. I wonder if Sharp did have a heavy influence on exactly what tracks go on the album. Rivers' tastes in his own music is kind of sporadic and impulsive and over time, bipolar, so Sharp might have been the one setting him in the right direction and making him see things clearly.

ItsBimblyBitch said:
A cool experiment. Bring in Matt Sharp to help select the tracks for a Weezer album. It will either destroy the myth that he had any positive influence (lol, not really, but maybe) or show his presence was more than a necessary one.

I had read somewhere RIvers was still sending him tracks in 99/00 asking for opinions on the Green era stuff. Wouldn't surprise me. Sharp's sensibilities are strong. Of course, Rivers writing is the magic, but I believe Sharp helped make him cool. I mean, ffs, the guy told Rivers Butterfly HAD to go on Pinkerton. He knows his s***.
have you even listened to the rentals? he doesn't have anything worthwhile to contribute to weezer. He didn't do much anyway besides singing like a girl
Scott is amazing at what he does. No trade. No deal. But you can take raditude away if you want. I think Matts best contribution to the band was his harmony anyway. Not the bass.
I think ROTR is a good album, and I think that the bass lines in Pinkerton are genius. How can you dis the bassist that made blue and pinkerton?

LiNX said:
have you even listened to the rentals? he doesn't have anything worthwhile to contribute to weezer. He didn't do much anyway besides singing like a girl

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video