...If you could trade in one weezer album (take it out of weezer's history completely as if they never wrote it) to retire scott shriner and get matt sharp back, which album would you trade?

Make Believe

Tags: bassist, matt, sharp, shriner, trade

Views: 430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow, that's pretty dumb. All the rentals albums are quite strong, both sonically and lyrically.

LiNX said:
have you even listened to the rentals? he doesn't have anything worthwhile to contribute to weezer. He didn't do much anyway besides singing like a girl
I dont see the connection between between giving up an album and who gets to be the bassist for weezer
Its like asking me what fruit id give up to have john adams as president again
lol, John Adams is cool, but he's no Samuel Adams.

reconrose said:
I dont see the connection between between giving up an album and who gets to be the bassist for weezer

Dungeon Master said:
what's with all the scorn towards Matt?

yes, its true he left the band. at the time weezer defunct. they asked him back several times, and he considered it. I believe he's had some professional problems with RC, but not personal.

I feel Matt is a really creative guy. I really like his solo work. I think he wants to create and have a say it what the band he's in does. Just speculating here, but I think he feels stifled in weezer being River's monkey boy. I don't blame him for not wanting to be in the band.

Completely agree with this statement. Just check out Songs About Time. He couldnt do that if he was in Weezer.
songs about time is really amazing. too bad I can't afford the mega deluxe package. the songs have a lot of heart.

Kezner32 said:

Dungeon Master said:
what's with all the scorn towards Matt?

yes, its true he left the band. at the time weezer defunct. they asked him back several times, and he considered it. I believe he's had some professional problems with RC, but not personal.

I feel Matt is a really creative guy. I really like his solo work. I think he wants to create and have a say it what the band he's in does. Just speculating here, but I think he feels stifled in weezer being River's monkey boy. I don't blame him for not wanting to be in the band.

Completely agree with this statement. Just check out Songs About Time. He couldnt do that if he was in Weezer.
i'd give up watermelons personally. i think they're the worst fruit ever.

reconrose said:
God, Snickers never ceases to amaze me. I would rather listen to Pat, Rivers, Scott, and Brian (hell, throw in Friese while you're at it) farting into a mic and remixing it to Kelly Clarkson tunes than see one more post from this guy. There's my trade.

Sharp's basslines were great, no doubt (I'm head over heels in love with the Rough Tracking cut of Getchoo), but he's gone. You want to trade out Scott, who is not only a great bassist, but also meshes very well with the band, so you can watch Vars and Matt compete for the spotlight... Let them go their separate ways and do their own things, and enjoy what's there. Let it die.
The Rough Tracking to Getchoo is amazing. Getchoo is an amazing song.

Iron Man Skivvies said:
God, Snickers never ceases to amaze me. I would rather listen to Pat, Rivers, Scott, and Brian (hell, throw in Friese while you're at it) farting into a mic and remixing it to Kelly Clarkson tunes than see one more post from this guy. There's my trade.

Sharp's basslines were great, no doubt (I'm head over heels in love with the Rough Tracking cut of Getchoo), but he's gone. You want to trade out Scott, who is not only a great bassist, but also meshes very well with the band, so you can watch Vars and Matt compete for the spotlight... Let them go their separate ways and do their own things, and enjoy what's there. Let it die.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video