I was watching the VCD today and there's a song that Weezer were practicing in Rivers' basement that I didn't recognize (I think that's what that was, it has a poll or rack in the center with guitars and cables on it).

Right after that song they play O Girlfriend I believe, but the one before it caught my attention.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?  I think it was in the Stoopid Fresh chapter on the DVD.  I'm assuming this was shot right before they recorded Green.  Whatever it was, I really thought it sounded great.  Wish I could have heard the whole thing.

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

im sure i know this answer but actually cant remember! will have to dig out the ol vcd.

possibly  "no way"?

i'm too lazy to put in vcd right now.. but when i do, i'll let you know

I think Karl's right and it is No Way. I also believe all we have of this song is the clip taken from the DVD. Personally, I think it sounds a lot like 'Outta Here' from Death To False Metal bonus tracks. I wonder if that song was re-worked from the original No Way? 

I was actually under the impression from listening to "Outta Here" that it morphed into "This Is Such A Pity" for Make Believe - it does sound very similar to me.

Amuro said:

I think Karl's right and it is No Way. I also believe all we have of this song is the clip taken from the DVD. Personally, I think it sounds a lot like 'Outta Here' from Death To False Metal bonus tracks. I wonder if that song was re-worked from the original No Way? 

very interesting

I didn't even know there was a bonus track for DTFM outside of Mykel & Carli.  I never heard it!  But whatever that song was on VCD sounded awesome.  I'll have to check out Outta Here though.

Amuro said:

That's true, i can hear alot of Outta Here in This is Such a Pity now i think about it. It's more that No Way seemed to have a similar subject to Outta Here and the repetition of the phrase "no way" and "outta here" is similar and the way it is sang is very similar to me as well. Still we only have about...30 seconds (?) of No Way so it's hard to tell. I wouldn't be surprising if No Way became Outta Here and then This is Such a Pity. A wise move as the former songs sound a bit petty/immature whereas This is Such a Pity is more thoughtful (despite some dodgy lyrics - facist pig anyone?)

weezercollector said:

I was actually under the impression from listening to "Outta Here" that it morphed into "This Is Such A Pity" for Make Believe - it does sound very similar to me.

Amuro said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video