As a fan, there seems to be a certain song people relate with. I'm wondering which weezer song people can relate to.

Views: 556

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha

edgey44 - inventing mostly said:

teenage dirtbag 

Stop being so mean to the ladies Gohi! 

Gohi said:

What about "I Just Threw out the Love of My Dreams?" 

I definitely think women can relate to some of his songs. Maybe I am just a little tomboyish? Even though a lot of his songs are from a male perspective you can easily tweak the lyrics to be suitable for a woman to relate to. Silly as it may sound El Scorcho could be a good example ( I was just listening to it :D). To me the song is him being into a certain type of girl and being nervous to talk to and approach her, and  you can see throughout the song it seems he is gaining more confidence. I could easily relate to that if I just change the japanese girl part to lets say a nerdy guy haha. 

Even the song, "I Want to be Something" could be relatable to women. 

And I'm happy to see someone put some thought into the question, thanks!

Allison Paulis said:

Do you other gals really feel like you can relate to most Weezer songs? I think RC definitely writes from a very masculine perspective most of the time (Pinkerton, for all its charms, is really a manifesto of a twenty-something sensitive man). Of course, it doesn't make me enjoy the music/lyrics any less - plenty of men can and do enjoy the work of bands like H*** and Bikini Kill and artists like Bjork. I think Cuomo when he's good is a clever lyricist, but I've just never heard him deliver a line that made me go "yeah! That's EXACTLY how I feel," y'know? I can certainly understand his male perspective, but being a woman, I don't feel as if the lyrics are written just for me

/essay

inb4 tl;dr

That's not mean. It's a song written from a woman's viewpoint, sung by Rachel Haden.

Maybe you've just never heard it before...

Felicia Frazzetta said:

Gohi said:

I don't think gender matters that much...first song I related to was No One Else when I was a jealous little girl....these days I would go with Angel and the One...I think songs that you relate to constantly change

yes totally related to that song a few times ;)

Gohi said:

That's not mean. It's a song written from a woman's viewpoint, sung by Rachel Haden.

Maybe you've just never heard it before...

Felicia Frazzetta said:

Gohi said:

he treats them mean to keep them keen. 

Felicia Frazzetta said:

Gohi said:

Hey, what's up.

Felicia Frazzetta said:

I could easily relate to that if I just change the japanese girl part to lets say a nerdy guy haha. 

Haha hey :D

Stefan said:

Hey, what's up.

Felicia Frazzetta said:

I could easily relate to that if I just change the japanese girl part to lets say a nerdy guy haha. 

I really like the song Slave from Maladroit

SIAS, because I had a fear of alcohol at one time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video