Via a very interesting conversation on facebook I figure we can transfer the talk over to more people.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/253402304672871/permalink/699328403...

For those who may be incapable of reading this basically it has to do with the negative response to rock music since err say the 2000s lol. Back on the day rock music used to be the shizz and all of the sudden it changed. Hoping with the spark of a potential new album we're (I'm?) hoping the boys, namely rivers can come up with something to save the genre.

Thoughts anyone. I know you all are out there. Don't be shy. Speak your mind.

Views: 490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Say what? I thought weezer was a pop band anyway.

So no. No saving rock n roll for Rivers Cuomo

Pop band? lol wut
I sure hope So Stacy. I mean 90s are back in fashion so looks like we are headed there....
Attachments:
Hey if the backstreet boys can make a comeback I'm sure more than sure Weezer can do it

Weezer are predominantly an alternative rock band with pop influences.  Don't get confused.  They're rock. (Pinkerton anyone?)  The article is stating how rock (even pop rock for that matter) has lost it's hold on pop culture.  It's stating how things have become stale and boring.

I'm hopeful Rivers and co. can make an effort to do something different and exciting for their next album that's supposedly coming out next year.  Breathe some life back into rock.  Rivers is one of the most talented guitarist on the planet, when he plays it seems effortless.  He should really incorporate more guitar into whatever they do next.  Nobody does solos anymore, i'm not even sure a lot of musicians these days are even capable of playing like Rivers anymore, Weezer need to show everyone how it's done. 

Don't call it a comeback; weezer's been here for years. ;)

I've heard pop culture theories that say things run in 20-year cycles. In the 70s there was a lot of cultural and musical throwback to the 50s, for example. If that's true then maybe the time is upon us for a resurgence in guitar-driven rock. It could be about time for a listener backlash against the current dominant styles of pop music, resulting in more rock, which would be awesome. One day the banjos will be silenced - hold out hope for that day!

Adrianadesiree Vega said:

Hey if the backstreet boys can make a comeback I'm sure more than sure Weezer can do it
Lisa I <3 U!!!

Lisa said:

Don't call it a comeback; weezer's been here for years. ;)

I've heard pop culture theories that say things run in 20-year cycles. In the 70s there was a lot of cultural and musical throwback to the 50s, for example. If that's true then maybe the time is upon us for a resurgence in guitar-driven rock. It could be about time for a listener backlash against the current dominant styles of pop music, resulting in more rock, which would be awesome. One day the banjos will be silenced - hold out hope for that day!

Adrianadesiree Vega said:

I <3 U, NatKat!!! :D  See you on the big boat!

Lion on the floor (natkat) said:

Lisa I <3 U!!! 

what is wrong with you people.

Whassamatta you

kbiebs said:

what do you mean "you" people?

kbiebs said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs