Does anyone know what's next for Weezer?  Album? Tour? etc.?  I get the feeling it's downtime time now.

Views: 799

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cool idea, but will never happen IMO.  & a live DVD is great and all...but isn't it already all out there on youtube? 

i'd much rather have another installment of DTFM with more of the "fallen soldiers" songs that didn't quite make it onto 'make believe'....most of those nearly made the album so there wouldn't be a ton of work involved.   i watched the 'making of make believe' video the other day and that one song brian riffs on sounds really cool.

Zach Smith said:

I am sure plenty of Weezer fans would love to see the drama of Matt Sharp from the perspective of the band and Matt. Back and Forth was just honest even when it made Dave look like a d***. That would be awesome.

A live DVD is infinitely better than footage capturedon YouTube by fans

I think another tour with blink-182 late in this year would be pretty wicked. It's blink's 20th year as well. probably not too likely considering they just toured the US in the Summer.

They should do a new album. No remixes, remasters, b-sides, rarities, special edition crap. 

They should do a headling world tour.  None of this only on the weekends, theme show stuff. 

They can do it.  They're not that old.  The stones and AC/DC still do it.  Why can't they.

No thanks.  Blink sucks live and their new album was pretty awful to boot.

Jak Kerley said:

I think another tour with blink-182 late in this year would be pretty wicked. It's blink's 20th year as well. probably not too likely considering they just toured the US in the Summer.

... and on the topic of a new album.  I have high hopes for whatever is next.  I hope Rivers is true to his word that the next album won't be "Rocky 8" or whatever.  I could speculate all day about the sound he could be going for on the next one.  It doesn't really matter if it's a concept album, rock opera or another 10 songs on a disc... it just has to be good songs. 

SFTBH was a terrific idea, and the fact that Rivers attempted a rock opera once and did not complete it makes me want him to try again with something fresh.  Now that he has much more experience in music and music theory.  However, like with SFTBH, it really comes down to what is the best idea.  No doubt Pinkerton is probably the better deal out of the two, maybe it's for the best it morphed into Pinkerton.  But then again, we'll never know what a fully fleshed out version of SFTBH would have been like.  

Either way the point is, I just hope it's gooder than good (the next album that is).  P.S., I don't understand Weezer's fascination with albums having to be 10 tracks long.  Why can't they be 12 or 14 even?  As long as it makes sense.

I really want them to release a Green Album Deluxe.

we know

But they did tape a live concert dvd before, "Across the Sea" in Japan during the Make Believe era.  And they never freaking released it.  Over here at least.  I don't understand that. :/

edgey44 - inventing mostly said:

the Edgisode corporation has all the rights to live concert footage

Gohi said:

Weezer has to be the only band of their stature that has never released a live dvd. Come on, Weezer... get it together...

Was that the footage I saw broadcast on the television station on the Weezer Cruise?

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

But they did tape a live concert dvd before, "Across the Sea" in Japan during the Make Believe era.  And they never freaking released it.  Over here at least.  I don't understand that. :/

Gohi said:

Weezer has to be the only band of their stature that has never released a live dvd. Come on, Weezer... get it together...

Possibly, I watched weezer tv for all of 10 minutes because the sound was cutting in and out or something.  There's a video on YT of Across the Sea from it... I know it's been shown on that Playdia channel or whatever, but that's it as far as I know outside Japan.

Danielle said:

Was that the footage I saw broadcast on the television station on the Weezer Cruise?

Gohi said:

I only saw a little of the broadcast also. I'd love to see a dvd release.

Possibly, I watched weezer tv for all of 10 minutes because the sound was cutting in and out or something.  There's a video on YT of Across the Sea from it... I know it's been shown on that Playdia channel or whatever, but that's it as far as I know outside Japan.

Danielle said:

Gohi said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video