What other songs should Weezer play on the B********* Tour?

I'm guessing that each night they're going to play some other songs to fill out each evening. My hope (please God?) is that they play other b-sides etc. from those eras. I would give anything to hear them play Jamie and You Gave Your Love to Me Softly on the Blue Night. How about some Songs from the Black Hole on Pinkerton night. What other stuff should they play>

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's very true, but then, why bother with this tour at all? It seems like a huge chunk of their fanbase now didn't get into them until more recently and they rank the albums completely differently- they're not particularly attached to Blue/Pink since they want to keep making the tired "evolution" argument. Why do a tour that seems focused directly at old school fans but pepper it full of new material that most of those old fans don't like?

I'll tell you why, it's a marketing ploy, just like "memories" and the whole "og fanclub" thing. They think that by throwing a bone with this tour, old school fans will show up and wax nostalgic over how much Weezer meant to them 10 years ago and then suddenly decide the new stuff's not that bad after all. For me, that's never going to happen. I've heard it enough times, I know what I don't like about it and why I don't like it and I can explain it to anyone. I don't need to pay to hear it live.

It strikes me as kind of a sneaky move.

Andrew Fry said:
I'm glad to see that -- other people seem to have some bizarre ideas about what the band would play on this tour. I see where you're coming from, but realistically they are going to make decisions based on the preferences of people who like the band now, not the ones who have hated them for the last ten years. Performing the albums from back then doesn't change that...
It's a popular misconception that all Weezer fans who hold these two albums in such high regard think that everything after them is rubbish. It's not the black-and-white "love only the first two or love everything they release" that people often seem to paint it. In reality, if you like the first two albums but absolutely nothing amongst the 6 in the following 14 years, you don't like Weezer - you just really like two albums that happen to have been by Weezer.

I would say that the motivation for a tour like this is for both older fans (that still like the band) and newer fans to hear these songs performed live, since those two groups either haven't heard them in a live setting for a long time, or at all.

That said, pretty much anything that a band does to create excitement amongst their fans is by-and-large a marketing decision. The scenario of "expose the people who show up for the old stuff to the new stuff and they might like it" makes perfect sense. You have been continuing to follow the band - and know what you dislike about new stuff - but there are plenty of people who stopped listening in about 2002 and don't know anything after that. It makes sense for the band to want to expose more of their music to those people. I don't see that as sneaky at all.

As I said, I see what you are saying - and there are things that I would prefer to happen for this tour that won't (e.g. Pat 100% on drums) - but I just don't see that as a realistic view of the situation.

BackToSchool said:
That's very true, but then, why bother with this tour at all? It seems like a huge chunk of their fanbase now didn't get into them until more recently and they rank the albums completely differently- they're not particularly attached to Blue/Pink since they want to keep making the tired "evolution" argument. Why do a tour that seems focused directly at old school fans but pepper it full of new material that most of those old fans don't like?

I'll tell you why, it's a marketing ploy, just like "memories" and the whole "og fanclub" thing. They think that by throwing a bone with this tour, old school fans will show up and wax nostalgic over how much Weezer meant to them 10 years ago and then suddenly decide the new stuff's not that bad after all. For me, that's never going to happen. I've heard it enough times, I know what I don't like about it and why I don't like it and I can explain it to anyone. I don't need to pay to hear it live.

It strikes me as kind of a sneaky move.
Andrew Fry said:
I'm glad to see that -- other people seem to have some bizarre ideas about what the band would play on this tour. I see where you're coming from, but realistically they are going to make decisions based on the preferences of people who like the band now, not the ones who have hated them for the last ten years. Performing the albums from back then doesn't change that...
I can go along with that. I don't really care when they play it, as long as they play it.

blakesp26 said:
yes, but it was recorded during the Pinkerton sessions....at the same time they were writing/recording things like Tired of Sex and Getchoo. It would make no sense to be played during the blue night.
Not every show. Just once somewhere at some show. Then we could all watch it on youtube.

fvck said:
yeah, matt's going to tour with them to play just one song at each show. that makes sense.
True that

J Dub said:
I can go along with that. I don't really care when they play it, as long as they play it. blakesp26 said:
yes, but it was recorded during the Pinkerton sessions....at the same time they were writing/recording things like Tired of Sex and Getchoo. It would make no sense to be played during the blue night.
You won't get with me tonight
For some odd reason I want them to play only the albums and nothing else. 

Something is wrong with me. 
waiting on you. i would be quite pleased....
Not playing any b-sides is just ridiculous. I'd saw off an arm to hear 'Waiting On You" live.
Yes I absolutely agree. I think this is the perfect opportunity on this tour (since they're going old-school) to pull out all the stops. Play these tracks like Waiting On You and Devotion and Susanne. I love them and I've never heard them live before.

Daria Morgendorffer said:
Not playing any b-sides is just ridiculous. I'd saw off an arm to hear 'Waiting On You" live.
i would kill to hear paperface live. i want to rock out so hardcore.
I doubt they will play any b-sides. If they did, I would love to hear "Susanne" on Blue night, and "You Gave Your Love to Me Softly" on Pinkerton night.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video