Most of my friends have terrible taste in music, all they listen to is rap and today's awful pop. So one day I asked my friends can't we listen to weezer? Three of them didn't even know who they were and the other two knew who they were but could only name songs like Beverly hills and island in the sun, so what makes you more mad when someone dosnt no
who weezer is or they only know there hits?

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most of my favorite groups have been ones that most people don't listen to...  They have a few fans, but they're few and far between.  Fortunately enough, though, to keep them making records!  I guess in a way that is what makes alternative music 'alternative'--it seems to be a bit above the sensibilities of the 'masses'...  (Sorry to be a snob, but there could be some truth in it.)

what's wrong with today's pop music?  I love the direction Hip-Hop is going.  It's almost turning into House music.

don't diss the Bieb's.  If you could write a song or sing it, that well, you'd be a pop star too.

It never p***** me off when people don't know who weezer is.  I look at is an opportunity to enlighten them :)

is this a real question? all pop singers today are auto-tuned there not real and justin bieber doesn't even right his own music he gets handed lyrics to learn practice and record from producers.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

what's wrong with today's pop music?  I love the direction Hip-Hop is going.  It's almost turning into House music.

don't diss the Bieb's.  If you could write a song or sing it, that well, you'd be a pop star too.

It never p***** me off when people don't know who weezer is.  I look at is an opportunity to enlighten them :)

i bet justin bieber knows the difference between "right" and "write."
ahh,shut up spelling isn't my thing and you got the message

Probably when they only know the hits. Because it bugs me that people can't look any deeper into Weezer.

I'm just shocked when people say they've never heard of Weezer

Not everyone is going to like the music you like. Deal with it.
When people only know the hits like Beverley Hills, nut not the good hits, like undone or buddy holly, those are great. -.-
Deal with it.
You're never going to find a casual fan who knows about songs like Super Friend. That's just the way it is. Not everyone is super nerdy like us.
I never actually knew anyone who doesn't know Weezer (i know, i live a sheltered life) until today. I mean granted, most of the time it was only their hits-or even just Beverly Hills-but as long as they knew Weezer I was okay with them continuing to breath the same oxegen as me. Well...today I worked with a kid, and as i was getting off work i threw my Weezer Memories tour shirt on...the kid looks at my shirt and goes "why does your shirt say Weezer? What's a Weezer?"...i actually slapped him and asked him if he was that ignorant....so I'de say when they have no idea who Weezer is what p***** me off the most.

wait, you hit a kid that you are being paid to work with?

and someone not knowing your favourite band doesn't give you the right to be a jerk.

you're a troll, right?

America said:

I never actually knew anyone who doesn't know Weezer (i know, i live a sheltered life) until today. I mean granted, most of the time it was only their hits-or even just Beverly Hills-but as long as they knew Weezer I was okay with them continuing to breath the same oxegen as me. Well...today I worked with a kid, and as i was getting off work i threw my Weezer Memories tour shirt on...the kid looks at my shirt and goes "why does your shirt say Weezer? What's a Weezer?"...i actually slapped him and asked him if he was that ignorant....so I'de say when they have no idea who Weezer is what p***** me off the most.

difference of opinions.  I love Auto-tune.  Try it in garage band sometime, you'll like the way you sound.

Would i rather see a 40 year old producer jumping around, singing their songs on MTV?  no, that's what pop stars are for.  It's no different than the 50's, 60's, 70's, 1600's (Bach is an old school producer).

Bieber can also play guitar and sing.  I saw him on an infomercial doing just that.

William Danze said:

is this a real question? all pop singers today are auto-tuned there not real and justin bieber doesn't even right his own music he gets handed lyrics to learn practice and record from producers.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video