For me it would have to be Tired of Sex, Beverly Hills, Burndt Jamb, and Perfect Situation.

Tags: awesome, favorite, garrett, guitar, solo, vanisi, weezer

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I Won't Let Me Get With You Tonight

With Why Bother and Modern Dukes winning the solver and bronze.

"Why Bother" is a great solo and serves the song but if a Bri solo should be mentioned in this thread, it should be "El Scorcho." Brian's bizarre style of playing, the solo's great melody and the stilted way it is played really drive home the inarticulate, clumsy vibe the song conveys so well.
yesh yesh and yesh

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
"Why Bother" is a great solo and serves the song but if a Bri solo should be mentioned in this thread, it should be "El Scorcho." Brian's bizarre style of playing, the solo's great melody and the stilted way it is played really drive home the inarticulate, clumsy vibe the song conveys so well.
yesh yesh and yesh, squared. I also really like the solo in Love Explosion.

sarah leeper said:
yesh yesh and yesh

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
Dope nose and Tired of Sex

I can't believe no one has mentioned Tragic Girl. It ties with Pink Triangle for first.

Then:

Falling for You 

Say It Ain't So
Perfect Situation

in that order

1. Across the sea

2. Falling for you

3. Perfect Situation

(Pink Triangle's is outstanding but it feels more like a melodic-duet-interlude than a guitar solo)

Tired of Sex, Getchoo, Say it Ain't So, Fall Together, This is Such a Pity and Haunt You Everyday.
I forgot about Dope Nose. That solo is insane!
This. Every album has some.

johnny rockets said:

There are just soooo many:

Falling For You

Hot Tub (Homie Version)

Susanne

Tired of Sex

Say It Ain't So

The World Has Turned

Love Explosion

Death and Destruction

Pink Triangle

The Good Life

Buddy Holly

Why Bother

Hold Me

You Gave Your Love To Me Softly (a verse melody solo that works perfectly)

Pardon Me (if this solo had been stretched out longer, would have been a classic solo)

Mad Kow (7-02 piano demo version)

She Who is Militant (7-16 version)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service