I really am intrigued by this song and think it has hidden meaning, but I just want to know what other people think, and/or if it has already been discussed. If so, I apologize.

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dildopuffs.

Next big thing said:

yeah...I'm just going to leave this link here and "people" *COUGH*"Pat"...can do with it what they wish...

www.myspace.com/dildopuffs
Pat Wilson said:

new genres are fine if it rocks.  that's really the bottom line here!  it's a drag to not rock.

hey radioactive, could you find another way to rip that hurley pacsun interview?  maybe use an iphone microphone to record it?  i would LOVE to hear this thing finally....Thanks!

also it's ironic that pat said he was into new genres as long as they rock, and then rivers writes a completely rocking song about wanting to do other genres in which most likely don't rock...

I have one of those posters, too! Except I had to ask someone at the PacSun where I live if I could take it. So they called me when they were done with it and I went and picked it up!

Radioactive said:
Unfortunately, no, it was just an audio track and I can't rip it because it'll erase the disc if I try.  It's not a CD, it plays over store loudspeakers via a specific player.  I got that and the giant Weezer PacSun poster from my friend who's the manager there.  It was basically a track-by-track commentary and explanation.

Next big thing said:
Really? That's very interesting. Thanks. wouldn't happen to have a link to that interview would ya?

Radioactive said:
Rivers said in the PacSun Hurley commentary that it was written at a time when he was disappointed in the band for not wanting to explore new genres and such.
Or maybe, play it through computer and record your PC's audio using a program like audacity or something?

Bill said:

hey radioactive, could you find another way to rip that hurley pacsun interview?  maybe use an iphone microphone to record it?  i would LOVE to hear this thing finally....Thanks!

also it's ironic that pat said he was into new genres as long as they rock, and then rivers writes a completely rocking song about wanting to do other genres in which most likely don't rock...

Wow Gene you sound like a real jerk. Everything Pat write/co-writes is actually pretty awesome. Automatic is one of the most underrated Weezer songs. I think I read that he wrote the music for Getting Up and Leaving, one of my favorite songs, and not to mention he co-wrote a few off the blue album. So shut up...

Gene Simmons said:

good god. no wonder you cant write anything as good as cuomo can. 

Pat Wilson said:

new genres are fine if it rocks.  that's really the bottom line here!  it's a drag to not rock.

I can't try to play it either; since it's not a CD I can't even play it.  It was kinda just a souveneir.  Sorry, I really wish I could.

And Pat, I agree with you, but honestly I think "Brave New World" rocked!!

IN THE MALL

IN THE MALL

IN THE MALL

IN THE MALL

Richard Grayson said:

Wow Gene you sound like a real jerk. Everything Pat write/co-writes is actually pretty awesome. Automatic is one of the most underrated Weezer songs. I think I read that he wrote the music for Getting Up and Leaving, one of my favorite songs, and not to mention he co-wrote a few off the blue album. So shut up...

Gene Simmons said:

Pat Wilson said:

I know you're trying to be smart, but I really like that song, too. It has a cool bridge and solo.

kitten$ bieber ♥ said:

IN THE MALL

IN THE MALL

IN THE MALL

IN THE MALL

Richard Grayson said:

Gene Simmons said:

Pat Wilson said:

The song is terrible and even Pat thinks as much.
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius, the age of Aquarius.  The age of Aquariuuuuuuuus.  Aquariuuuuuuus!

hahahahahah...............

I was about to post that when I saw this thread! Everytime I hear Brave New World I just want to start singing Age of Aquarius......

David J. Stepp (DJS92491) said:

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius, the age of Aquarius.  The age of Aquariuuuuuuuus.  Aquariuuuuuuus!
pat thinks IN THE MALL is terrible.  he didn't say anything about Brave New World (that i'm aware of)

Gohi said:
The song is terrible and even Pat thinks as much.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video