I thought he was gonna be back by now, but do you think he's just too stressed out about what's going on in Japan right now?

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I'd go crazy at first, but don't you think it would be nice after a little while? It seems like there'd be plenty of time for peace and quiet, and reflection. 

That being said, I went on a week long silent retreat at a monastery a few weeks ago, and loved it. It was really overwhelming to come back into the noise and distraction of modern society. I cried when it was over because I didn't want to leave and come back into all the noise, strife, and confusion. It took a few days to readjust to life as I knew it. My money is on him taking some time to get re-assimilated to the world. 

Lewis Digges said:

I would go stir crazy in a place that not only doesn't have a television, radio, computer or phone but no washer and dryer as well and no musical instruments allowed either and not only that books and magazines are a no-no there. Like living back in the Great Depression when there wasn't those things except for the phone and radio and that washing clothes was done by hand because not very many people back in the 1930's didn't have the luxury of an electric washer and dryer unless you were rich. And since Rivers brought his wife to this there's something there about having no contact with immediate family and no sex either. And no bed at all just laying down on the floor. Yes, it would make me really go off on a tangent being there.

And Scott wouldn't be welcome there at all (bodily decorations, smoking, revealing clothes like the kilt he wears and the T-shirts with writing on it) and neither would any of us for that matter. So I'm glad that Rivers can handle things like not having a computer, TV, radio, phone, newspaper, magazine, food, music, etc. for 45 days.

Hugh Lovric said:

Here is the website about the place where Rivers is meditating.

www.dhamma.org

I think I'd like it too.

WeezerWoman said:

I think I'd go crazy at first, but don't you think it would be nice after a little while? It seems like there'd be plenty of time for peace and quiet, and reflection. 

That being said, I went on a week long silent retreat at a monastery a few weeks ago, and loved it. It was really overwhelming to come back into the noise and distraction of modern society. I cried when it was over because I didn't want to leave and come back into all the noise, strife, and confusion. It took a few days to readjust to life as I knew it. My money is on him taking some time to get re-assimilated to the world. 

Lewis Digges said:

I would go stir crazy in a place that not only doesn't have a television, radio, computer or phone but no washer and dryer as well and no musical instruments allowed either and not only that books and magazines are a no-no there. Like living back in the Great Depression when there wasn't those things except for the phone and radio and that washing clothes was done by hand because not very many people back in the 1930's didn't have the luxury of an electric washer and dryer unless you were rich. And since Rivers brought his wife to this there's something there about having no contact with immediate family and no sex either. And no bed at all just laying down on the floor. Yes, it would make me really go off on a tangent being there.

And Scott wouldn't be welcome there at all (bodily decorations, smoking, revealing clothes like the kilt he wears and the T-shirts with writing on it) and neither would any of us for that matter. So I'm glad that Rivers can handle things like not having a computer, TV, radio, phone, newspaper, magazine, food, music, etc. for 45 days.

Hugh Lovric said:

Here is the website about the place where Rivers is meditating.

www.dhamma.org

his in-laws live in a southern part of Japan and are safe, thank goodness. Im sure its traumatic for everyone in the whole country though.
Good to hear! Thanks for thinking to update us, Karl.

karl koch [karlophone] said:
his in-laws live in a southern part of Japan and are safe, thank goodness. Im sure its traumatic for everyone in the whole country though.
That's very good to hear!

Thanks for taking the time to inform us of that, very good to know :)

That is great to hear!

The destruction seems to be non stop, it is terrifying.
Thanks for the update!

I'm sure everybody connected with Japan has been deeply effected by these unfathomable disasters.  It's a relief to hear that Rivers' family members are safe.  Thank you.

(Thank you also for posting about @DailyYomiuri on Twitter, I'm often surprised by the brevity of the coverage on our local news stations) 

Right, because Rivers' parents are more important than the other thousand people that are missing.

Flucking weezer fans, man, I'm telling ya...

I don't think anyone here was suggesting that.  I have quite a few friends who have family members/friends in Japan who have been personally effected by what has been happening.  The whole situation is horrifying and I can't imagine what people over there are dealing with.  I also think it's natural for people on HERE to be concerned for Rivers and his family because they know he has a personal connection to Japan.  That doesn't mean they care any less for the other thousands of people who are missing, grieving, or trying to put their lives back together.    

peepsqueek Brimley said:

Right, because Rivers' parents are more important than the other thousand people that are missing.

Y'know, Taylor... if (God forbid) something happened in your town or state and I learned you were safe I'd have the same reaction "Oh, Thank God".. This was a disaster that NO ONE wanted to see but naturally when something like this happens you're going to think about the people you know or have some sort of a connection with. Yes, a lot of people were concerned about RC's in laws but that doesn't mean we couldn't care less about the other people. I have thought about all of the people who have lost their lives or that have lost everything on a daily basis. It's a terrible, terrible thing. The images are horrifying. I was watching the news last night and there was man who said his wife was missing. He was standing there where his house used to be.. nothing but mud and debris. He said his wife was in that home during the time of the earthquake/tsunami . It is all just heart wrenching to watch.

That being said, thank you so much Karl for the update!! I'm glad they're safe!

ಠ_ಠ Wilford Brimley ಠ_ಠ said:

Well said oktobermama - I totally agree. I've been worried about everyone I know personally with relatives and loved ones back there, it's just natural when you have those personal connections to people.

Also, Rivers posted last night from his Japanese twitter that he's in Japan now and staying there.

oktobermama said:

I don't think anyone here was suggesting that.  I have quite a few friends who have family members/friends in Japan who have been personally effected by what has been happening.  The whole situation is horrifying and I can't imagine what people over there are dealing with.  I also think it's natural for people on HERE to be concerned for Rivers and his family because they know he has a personal connection to Japan.  That doesn't mean they care any less for the other thousands of people who are missing, grieving, or trying to put their lives back together.    

peepsqueek Brimley said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video