I've seen a lot of debate about this topic. I go with Pig.

Views: 487

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I spent minutes thinking of different lists but since you seem like you're asking for a single song, I'll just put up "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived"... It was a long and involved process to make that song, and it's just so epic... The variations are so unique and interesting and the vocal harmonies are great. It's so different from Weezer, but it's still so Weezer.

I can't leave without mentioning runnerups...

"Unspoken" has great lyrics, I like the way it breaks into the heavy part for the last minute... It's so powerful and beautiful too. However, "Trainwrecks" is just so purely Weezer and is definitely really catchy. "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" has become me and my girlfriend's song (although we love to uphold the values of "Buddy Holly" and "Trippin' Down the Freeway" too =P). Everything on 'Weezer (2008)' is brilliant, deluxe or not. 'Maladroit' is severely underrated too... "Death and Destruction" and "American Gigolo" are amazing.

CrackerJack said:
This is what i dont get. Yeah, most of make believe had bad lyrics, yeah, red album was too experimental, yeah raditude was a little too poppy. But maladroit was a great album. 3rd best, right behind blue. Space rock was an awesome song. I dont get how people hate on songs like space rock and KDDO but flock to dreamin and unspoken.

Although, unspken is a great song.

Mr. Sweeney said:
Space Rock is atrocious. And half of Red is great.

Conner Petersen said:

CrackerJack said:
I hate literraly everyones answers. Unspoken is pretty good, but its not even the best song off hurley.

And not one song off the red album is a great song

try haunt you every day
damage in your heart
slob
space rock
o girlfriend
o girl (SS2k)
Death and destruction
Knock Down Drag Out
trippin down the freeway
hang on
run away

out of those...maybe hang on,or death and destruction.

Pig and Miss Sweeney are among two of the best songs Varz has written post-pink, period. Angel and the One is the closest album closer to Only in Dreams (i'll give you credit for HYED), but space rock, KDGO, eh. Agree to disagree

People hate on Maladroit because the lyrics are mediocre, and emotionally it is nothing.
TRAGIC GIRL
The Greatest Man That Ever Lived or Runaway or Ruling Me
There a lot of great songs that no one has mentioned. What about "High Up Above", "Burnt Jamb", "This Is Such A Pity", "Mad Kow", "Prodigy Lover", "Don't Let Go" "The Underdogs", and the haunting beauty of "Spider"... I could go on and on and on. Let's not forget the awesomeness of "Goat Punishment" either.

CrackerJack said:
although the critics can hate, i have a tough time picking bad weezer songs. And considering they have 8 albums, 2 demo discs, SS2k, unreleased material and deluxe tracks, weezer doesnt really release bad songs. Sure, every once in a while, a mediocre song appears on their albums, but really, out of the 165 weezer/cuomo songs i have(at least on my itunes)there are maybe...5 i dislike.

That is something i think we forget to take into consideration. I love all of weezer's albums.

And i dont feel like quoting, i cant figure it out haha, but maladroit is one of the most underrated albums ever. Sure, some of weezers albums have a couple flaws, but Blue, Pink, Green, Maladroit, Red,and hurley are all stellar.

And make believe and raditude were pretty good as well. And congrats to weezer for keeping mainstream rock alive.
Mad Kow is amazing.

Cienna Wills said:
There a lot of great songs that no one has mentioned. What about "High Up Above", "Burnt Jamb", "This Is Such A Pity", "Mad Kow", "Prodigy Lover", "Don't Let Go" "The Underdogs", and the haunting beauty of "Spider"... I could go on and on and on. Let's not forget the awesomeness of "Goat Punishment" either.

CrackerJack said:
although the critics can hate, i have a tough time picking bad weezer songs. And considering they have 8 albums, 2 demo discs, SS2k, unreleased material and deluxe tracks, weezer doesnt really release bad songs. Sure, every once in a while, a mediocre song appears on their albums, but really, out of the 165 weezer/cuomo songs i have(at least on my itunes)there are maybe...5 i dislike.

That is something i think we forget to take into consideration. I love all of weezer's albums.

And i dont feel like quoting, i cant figure it out haha, but maladroit is one of the most underrated albums ever. Sure, some of weezers albums have a couple flaws, but Blue, Pink, Green, Maladroit, Red,and hurley are all stellar.

And make believe and raditude were pretty good as well. And congrats to weezer for keeping mainstream rock alive.
idk about berry, but it cheered me up.

Slob is one of my favorites, but troublemaker is also great, I can't pick.

edgey44 said:
berry rydell said:
this thread is just too depressing.
will this walrus cheer you up berry
:-€
did Longtime Sunshine come after or before Pinkerton? It's always been a song that I've wanted to cover really good song.

King and The Underdogs are two underrated songs also, I thought they should have made it on to raditude and the red album and not just the deluxe versions.
This seems easy to me, when I first heard TRAGIC GIRL in full ( bad quality tho) I was floored to hear all the best qualities in weezer come out in one song. Great lyrics, great melodies, great dynamics, the song changes a few times...

So my vote goes tragic girl,

Runner up songs:

Pig- when I first heard the demo, i said to myself " rivers where have you been?"...soo...soo raw and emotional, beautiful slow build. I think the demo is better though something about the final take the energy and feeling died. Studio version is still good though.

Run Away- I feel like musically and lyrically this is one of the closest songs to capture pinkertons beauty and raw emotion. Especially when it goes back to the " I thought you'd always be my friend"...With the glockenspiel playing in the background.

Miss sweeney- It is just awesome a modern day, sussane...

Unspoken- Lyrically its beautiful and musically great too. Kinda wish rivers would go the acoustic route more often it makes his voice sound way more sincere.

Greatest man- Amazing, it blew my mind and showed the diveristy weezer has.

Pork and beans- this sounds like weezer trying to capture the blue albums sound and when that chorus hits you it's a feeling i havent felt SINCE blue.

Rivers these are the songs that really keep hardcore fans going. Sometimes we hear that the band thinks we are stuck on blue and pink....No we don't want another blue or pink we just want songs that are of the blue and pink quality.

The above are almost if not there, an album of songs like the above would get GREAT reviews from the press and the band would be return to form.

aceweezer said:
Photograph or Perfect Situation
Probably King.

The more I play it the more I think I "get" it.
Hmm.. Either Slave, December, The Greatest Man That Ever Lived or Ruling Me

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video