What do you think would have happened to Weezer if Pinkerton was never panned by critics and discarded by the public?  Would they be doing something else?  Would they still be together?  Would this change the course of their future albums?

And go......

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't really know, but maybe Matt wouldn't have left and Weezer would've had more albums in the 90's.

Or maybe they would have stuck with pinkerton stuff which would have been great at first but then it would have gotten boring because all the songs would start to sound too similar and of course there is the inevitable drama......only one way to really know.... 

Time circuits on.... Flux Capacitor... fluxxing.... Engine running....

DONT DO IT NATKAT!

They would probably have burned each others' houses down, drove cars off cliffs, and Brian would have opened a flute shop.

That sounds fun.

Tanya Michelle Pongracz said:

They would probably have burned each others' houses down, drove cars off cliffs, and Brian would have opened a flute shop.

I would imagine a lot less stress in the band during touring in late 1996 and 1997, which could have led to Matt staying in the band...but even then, Matt seemed full on with the Rentals, so he might have left no matter what.

But think of this:  If "El Scorcho" were a huge hit, I think Weezer would have still come off as a goofy band, which Rivers was trying to get away from.  "Goddamn you half Japanese Girls" as a first line really did a lot to make weezer look like a serious band </sarcasm>

Weezer has picked the worst songs to be singles, and El Scorcho started this trend.  Having a very awkward song to lead off your sophomore album was a bad choice..  It would be like Sugar Ray releasing a Death Metal song off of 14:59 to follow up their success of "Fly".

and now I'm getting off topic...

If Pinkerton were a smash hit, the only thing I think we'd be guaranteed, is more shows between 1997 and 200.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video