Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

:(

Jordan said:
Still down...
Thats not true I like weezer and raditude shucks 

CrackerJack said:

i care about weezerpedia.

If this site crashed i wouldnt care a bit, the forums are divided by people who hate weezer and people who love spending their time explaining why raditude was awesome.

Oh man, it's still broke.
ugh its still down...how am I supposed to spend my time now?

Hey guys!

Megasnorkel from Weezerpedia here. You probably don't know me, since I've always been an A6/AllThingsWeezer dweller. Anyway, I'm one of the co-founders of =wp=. I personally do not have the time to fix the website right now. However, ohjonas (the other =wp= co-founder) is working on a solution to our down-ness. Both of us are really busy right now - me w/my job ohjo w/school and his band AND his job. Things should be straightened out eventually.

However (and I'm hesitant to say this), fixing the site isn't high super high on our priority list, as neither ohjonas nor I really care about Weezer at all anymore. =wp= was started in 2008, when our Weezer fandom was at its height. However, Raditude pretty much ruined being a Weezer fan for both of us. Over the past year and a half, the other moderators have pretty much done all the work. I've sold most of my Weezer collection and deleted my ATW account, and ohjonas cares even less about the band.

However, even though we don't really like Weezer or working on Weezerpedia anymore, we aren't really willing to turn the site over to anyone else. We both put so much time and effort into that site at the beginning, and it was our baby. We're both kind of control freaks, and the thought of anyone else taking over and changing things is just worse than letting it die. I guess it's kind of weird that we'd rather watch our baby die than put it up for adoption. :-/

I'm sure the site will be fixed soon enough. But =wp= probably won't last forever. ohjo and I still have a lot of talking to do about where to go from here. I can really only speak for myself, but it's always made me feel good that I was supporting a useful resource for fans of Weezer. Even if I don't care about the band anymore.

Thanks again for your support and your patience.

Waylon/megasnorkel.

Weezerpedia admin/co-founder/overlord

That statement sickens me. The founders of Weezerpedia, the world's greatest Weezer source have abandoned Weezer. Abandoning Weezer means you have abandoned us, thank you. Oh and hope you realize someday how stubborn you are and hopefully you can hand over the site to someone that actually cares. Anyone who gives up on a band because of one album doesn't deserve to be any part of the band. What people fail to realize is that you probably aren't going to like every album, but maybe you like one...and that one is all you need to be a fan and be supportive. I'm waiting for Weezerpedia to come back on megasnorkel....in the meantime, please grow up!
Wow dude , just wow :-/ 

megasnorkel said:

Hey guys!

Megasnorkel from Weezerpedia here. You probably don't know me, since I've always been an A6/AllThingsWeezer dweller. Anyway, I'm one of the co-founders of =wp=. I personally do not have the time to fix the website right now. However, ohjonas (the other =wp= co-founder) is working on a solution to our down-ness. Both of us are really busy right now - me w/my job ohjo w/school and his band AND his job. Things should be straightened out eventually.

However (and I'm hesitant to say this), fixing the site isn't high super high on our priority list, as neither ohjonas nor I really care about Weezer at all anymore. =wp= was started in 2008, when our Weezer fandom was at its height. However, Raditude pretty much ruined being a Weezer fan for both of us. Over the past year and a half, the other moderators have pretty much done all the work. I've sold most of my Weezer collection and deleted my ATW account, and ohjonas cares even less about the band.

However, even though we don't really like Weezer or working on Weezerpedia anymore, we aren't really willing to turn the site over to anyone else. We both put so much time and effort into that site at the beginning, and it was our baby. We're both kind of control freaks, and the thought of anyone else taking over and changing things is just worse than letting it die. I guess it's kind of weird that we'd rather watch our baby die than put it up for adoption. :-/

I'm sure the site will be fixed soon enough. But =wp= probably won't last forever. ohjo and I still have a lot of talking to do about where to go from here. I can really only speak for myself, but it's always made me feel good that I was supporting a useful resource for fans of Weezer. Even if I don't care about the band anymore.

Waylon/megasnorkel.

Isn't that just so annoying? I mean wow...

pinecone said:
Wow dude , just wow :-/ 

megasnorkel said:

Hey guys!

Waylon/megasnorkel.

popzoom -

I understand why you were upset by my post. I would be upset too. However, that was the most honest answer to the question "WHAT HAPPENED TO WEEZERPEDIA?" that I could give.

Yes, Weezerpedia is down, and it's been down for a long time. But it is coming back. I was simply trying to explain why it hasn't come back as fast as you would probably expect.

When I say that we are leaning toward letting it die, I'm not saying that =wp= will be gone tomorrow. =wp= has already prepaid for another year or two of hosting (I believe). And over the course of that time, a lot could happen to change our minds. There are plenty of possibilities: becoming donor funded, a merger with .com, or someone we trust taking the site over.

But the site will not go on funded and run by ohjonas and megasnorkel. Consider this: Would you continue to run a website if:

A. You no longer cared about the subject matter.

B. You had to pay for said site.

C. You made no money in return - remember, Weezerpedia doesn't have any ads. All info, no BS.

To be completely honest and truthful with you, I'm personally not fully convinced that letting the site just die a slow death is the best option. Even though I don't care for the band anymore (something that is NOT just because of Raditude, but I won't go into that further), I would hate to see hours of hard work and lots of valuable information just go down the drain. But the fact of the matter is that jonas and I are partners - and if we can't find an option that makes us both happy - the site will probably die. I'd much rather see it go than my friendship w/ohjo.

Again, I want you to know that Weezerpedia isn't gone, and it won't be going away for a while.

Okay thanks that was a better response. I understand.

megasnorkel said:

popzoom -

I understand why you were upset by my post. I would be upset too. However, that was the most honest answer to the question "WHAT HAPPENED TO WEEZERPEDIA?" that I could give.

Yes, Weezerpedia is down, and it's been down for a long time. But it is coming back. I was simply trying to explain why it hasn't come back as fast as you would probably expect.

When I say that we are leaning toward letting it die, I'm not saying that =wp= will be gone tomorrow. =wp= has already prepaid for another year or two of hosting (I believe). And over the course of that time, a lot could happen to change our minds. There are plenty of possibilities: becoming donor funded, a merger with .com, or someone we trust taking the site over.

But the site will not go on funded and run by ohjonas and megasnorkel. Consider this: Would you continue to run a website if:

C. You made no money in return - remember, Weezerpedia doesn't have any ads. All info, no BS.

To be completely honest and truthful with you, I'm personally not fully convinced that letting the site just die a slow death is the best option. Even though I don't care for the band anymore (something that is NOT just because of Raditude, but I won't go into that further), I would hate to see hours of hard work and lots of valuable information just go down the drain. But the fact of the matter is that jonas and I are partners - and if we can't find an option that makes us both happy - the site will probably die. I'd much rather see it go than my friendship w/ohjo.

Again, I want you to know that Weezerpedia isn't gone, and it won't be going away for a while.

And even though I said I wouldn't go into this: I became a fan of Weezer in 2003. And I listened to little else for the better part of 6 years. I defended Maladroit and Make Believe's honor in countless threads on A6. And for a good year or so, I spent at least 4 hours a day working on Weezerpedia - scouring the internet for lost interviews and articles, trying to make things look nice, and attempting to gather information that would interest new Weezer fans and old Weezer fans alike.

But musical tastes change, and people do too. My not liking Weezer anymore is not just because of Raditude. I simply grew out of them. Teenage boys love rock bands in a way that no one else can. But eventually teenage boys become adults. It just seemed like while I was growing up, Weezer was becoming more juvenile, and it was time to move on.

I'll always have a place in my heart for the Weez. And I'll still buy every new album they put out, even if I absolutely hate the direction they're going in that year (Raditude era: 2009-2010). Because chances are, they'll put out a record the next year with a few really good songs that I'll like mixed in with some that I don't (I'm looking at you 2010 and Hurley!).

But I just know that I will never like Weezer like I once did. And I'm okay with that.

Extremely disappointing.

That being said, I completely understand your reasoning and certainly respect your decision. Thanks for starting such a great site (on your own time and money). I look forward to enjoying it for the rest of its life, however short it may be. It was a great treat for us =W= fans.

megasnorkel said:

popzoom -

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video