its all broken and stuff

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed with this statement. And I apologize for my first response, was just fuming. You are doing nothing wrong and I respect how you are handling your change in tastes with Weezer. Thanks! Once again, sorry.

 

popzoom

Jordan said:

Extremely disappointing.

That being said, I completely understand your reasoning and certainly respect your decision. Thanks for starting such a great site (on your own time and money). I look forward to enjoying it for the rest of its life, however short it may be. It was a great treat for us =W= fans.

megasnorkel said:

popzoom -

 

I understand why you were upset by my post. I would be upset too. However, that was the most honest answer to the question "WHAT HAPPENED TO WEEZERPEDIA?" that I could give.

 

Yes, Weezerpedia is down, and it's been down for a long time. But it is coming back. I was simply trying to explain why it hasn't come back as fast as you would probably expect.

 

When I say that we are leaning toward letting it die, I'm not saying that =wp= will be gone tomorrow. =wp= has already prepaid for another year or two of hosting (I believe). And over the course of that time, a lot could happen to change our minds. There are plenty of possibilities: becoming donor funded, a merger with .com, or someone we trust taking the site over.

 

But the site will not go on funded and run by ohjonas and megasnorkel. Consider this: Would you continue to run a website if:

 

A. You no longer cared about the subject matter.

B. You had to pay for said site.

C. You made no money in return - remember, Weezerpedia doesn't have any ads. All info, no BS.

 

To be completely honest and truthful with you, I'm personally not fully convinced that letting the site just die a slow death is the best option. Even though I don't care for the band anymore (something that is NOT just because of Raditude, but I won't go into that further), I would hate to see hours of hard work and lots of valuable information just go down the drain. But the fact of the matter is that jonas and I are partners - and if we can't find an option that makes us both happy - the site will probably die. I'd much rather see it go than my friendship w/ohjo.


Again, I want you to know that Weezerpedia isn't gone, and it won't be going away for a while.

Hakunah matata, poopzoom. Hakunah matata.

 

:-D


popzoom said:

Agreed with this statement. And I apologize for my first response, was just fuming. You are doing nothing wrong and I respect how you are handling your change in tastes with Weezer. Thanks! Once again, sorry.

 

popzoom

This is the only part of that statement I like

megasnorkel said:
However, Raditude pretty much ruined being a Weezer fan for both of us.
It's been like that for a few weeks now!  Makes me sad :(  There was lots of great stuff to learn on that site.
Sorry guys, I posted a solution on ATW/A6 but I forgot about you guys. Here's a direct quote of what I posted over there:

"If you really need to view the content just type whatever it is you want into google followed by "Weezerpedia". From the search page, if Weezerpedia is their and it's displaying the page you want hit "cache" under the link and "text only version" when the next page loads. And there you have it, you now have access to whatever it is you wanted to read about the great Maladroit era b-side 'Porcupine'!"

I hope this works for everyone!

@James thanks for the go-around, worked for me

 

@megasnorkel thanks for taking the time to answer; and in general for putting so much of your time and effort into setting up Weezerpedia over the years. Perhaps when the time comes, as you suggested, it could become donor funded--I would be willing to give back to a site I frequent so much!

 

 

I don't know why, but the older I get the more I enjoy Weezer.  They just seem so different than anyone else out there and they seem to be genuinely nice people.  I don't see the pretentiousness in them like I do in other artists.

 

megasnorkel said:

And even though I said I wouldn't go into this: I became a fan of Weezer in 2003. And I listened to little else for the better part of 6 years. I defended Maladroit and Make Believe's honor in countless threads on A6. And for a good year or so, I spent at least 4 hours a day working on Weezerpedia - scouring the internet for lost interviews and articles, trying to make things look nice, and attempting to gather information that would interest new Weezer fans and old Weezer fans alike.

 

But musical tastes change, and people do too. My not liking Weezer anymore is not just because of Raditude. I simply grew out of them. Teenage boys love rock bands in a way that no one else can. But eventually teenage boys become adults. It just seemed like while I was growing up, Weezer was becoming more juvenile, and it was time to move on.

 

I'll always have a place in my heart for the Weez. And I'll still buy every new album they put out, even if I absolutely hate the direction they're going in that year (Raditude era: 2009-2010). Because chances are, they'll put out a record the next year with a few really good songs that I'll like mixed in with some that I don't (I'm looking at you 2010 and Hurley!).

 

But I just know that I will never like Weezer like I once did. And I'm okay with that.

thats cool me too

Ric Hunter said:

I don't know why, but the older I get the more I enjoy Weezer.  They just seem so different than anyone else out there and they seem to be genuinely nice people.  I don't see the pretentiousness in them like I do in other artists.

 

megasnorkel said:

And even though I said I wouldn't go into this: I became a fan of Weezer in 2003. And I listened to little else for the better part of 6 years. I defended Maladroit and Make Believe's honor in countless threads on A6. And for a good year or so, I spent at least 4 hours a day working on Weezerpedia - scouring the internet for lost interviews and articles, trying to make things look nice, and attempting to gather information that would interest new Weezer fans and old Weezer fans alike.

 

But musical tastes change, and people do too. My not liking Weezer anymore is not just because of Raditude. I simply grew out of them. Teenage boys love rock bands in a way that no one else can. But eventually teenage boys become adults. It just seemed like while I was growing up, Weezer was becoming more juvenile, and it was time to move on.

 

I'll always have a place in my heart for the Weez. And I'll still buy every new album they put out, even if I absolutely hate the direction they're going in that year (Raditude era: 2009-2010). Because chances are, they'll put out a record the next year with a few really good songs that I'll like mixed in with some that I don't (I'm looking at you 2010 and Hurley!).

 

But I just know that I will never like Weezer like I once did. And I'm okay with that.

Yeah I really wish they could find the time to put it back up....



Marissa Joy said:

It's been like that for a few weeks now!  Makes me sad :(  There was lots of great stuff to learn on that site.
get the f♥ck over it already.
Someone having a bad day?

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ said:
get the f*** over it already.
it's been pretty good so far, thanks for asking.

popzoom said:
Someone having a bad day?

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ said:
get the f*** over it already.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video