I am 15 years old and i have been playing on a cheap little $100 fender. I want to take my playing up to the next level and i am looking for a good guitar that i can play for a long time and be "my baby" for the next 10 years. That will keep up with my advancing skill, so i don't have to upgrade again (skill wise). I want a guitar with a unique body and sound i am a very "against the grain" person and want something different that stands out. My price range is $300-700. Thank you in advance!

Tags: buy, fender, guitar, guitars, help, weezer

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A Gibson or epiphone les Paul or sg. 
all the way

The dreWid said:

Just go to a guitar center and try things out.

Edit: Also, if you get anything dreWid recommends, it won't stand out and real players will laugh if you call it "your baby."

Just don't buy it at guitar center because chances are, a lot of people have used it in the store. 

G Foo Chombey said:

Edit: Also, if you get anything dreWid recommends, it won't stand out and real players will laugh if you call it "your baby."

this.....

G Foo Chombey said:

or this 

edgey44 said:

this.....

G Foo Chombey said:

If you want something "against the grain" don't get a Strat, Tele, Les Paul, or SG.  In my opinion, these are the most played guitars in rock music.

I suggest something like a Fender Mustang or Fender Jaguar.  A Gibson CE is an awesome guitar - see Chet Atkins.

What I would avoid....anything Ibanez and anything sunburst.

Yeah they wont stand out that much but they are really good guitars

sarah leeper said:
all the way

The dreWid said:

lol @ the wangcaster getting deleted.

wouldn't want people to see a picture of a guitar that vaguely resembles a d***.

I really liked the wangcaster :(  I also really like my Gibson Les Paul Special.  No glossy paint, you can still see the natural wood grains.  My only complaint, it's heavy

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ said:

wouldn't want people to see a picture of a guitar that vaguely resembles a d***.

yeah i think someone else (possibly jon?) posted it some weeks back and it got deleted.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ said:

Wilford

berry rydell said:
yeah i think someone else (possibly jon?) posted it some weeks back and it got deleted.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video