Or should I say, hear, in the next Weezer album.

Put aside your desires for old, classic =w= sounding stuff.

Assuming the album is something all new, never before heard from Weezer, what do you hope for?

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If they could just repeat Death To False Metal I would be one happy camper. Oh wait, I mean music listener. Haha, I am not camping...
I actually could see it going back to an older style Weezer. Between the Memories tour, Alone III, Pinkerton Deluxe, and the State Farm song sounding a lot like old Weezer, I see it possibly happening. It could also be a concept album of sorts because Rivers was looking into the musical theatre program at UCLA and he has been singing a lot of show tunes in his voice lessons recently.
Let the Matt Sharp thing die. Seriously.

Blueperton said:
I'd like more songs. More of a raw, low-fi, edgey sound. Matt Sharp. Maybe a concept album. More guitar. More synth. Matt Sharp. More somber songs. Maybe some Cello. Matt Sharp. Better basslines. David Bowie. Oh, and Matt Sharp.
untz untz untz
A bit of dubstep.
They should do surf rock or metal!!!!
No

Lydia Sanders said:
A bit of dubstep.
Not no, but HELL no.

Farkas said:
No

Lydia Sanders said:
A bit of dubstep.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they are all old Weezer, apart from the State Farm song.

Paperface said:
I actually could see it going back to an older style Weezer. Between the Memories tour, Alone III, Pinkerton Deluxe, and the State Farm song sounding a lot like old Weezer, I see it possibly happening.
I think what he means is Rivers has been heavily involved with his old work and that it might inspire a more classic style for the next album. Many fans (even the more rabid TBA and Pinkerton are the only good stuff ones) agreed that while State Farms lyrics sucked(its a jingle not by Vars) it had a modern version of a classic Weezer sound. Also the performance was strong.

JK. said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they are all old Weezer, apart from the State Farm song.

Paperface said:
I actually could see it going back to an older style Weezer. Between the Memories tour, Alone III, Pinkerton Deluxe, and the State Farm song sounding a lot like old Weezer, I see it possibly happening.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video