Here's a picture I drew of Rivers! Do you like it? What do you think of it? Any suggestions on how to make it better?

Tags: Picture

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keep in mind I'm only 13.
i think this is better than anything i can ever draw in my life......keep up good work n try posting it on Rivers facebook/twitter......he might comment on it
Thanks! Will do!
He can't comment on here...?

Jenny Smith said:
i think this is better than anything i can ever draw in my life......keep up good work n try posting it on Rivers facebook/twitter......he might comment on it

He can... But he never does!

 

Why does everyone draw that same picture of Rivers? There are others, you know.

Anyways, the picture is decent, especially for a 13 year old. Your values are good, but getting the blackest blacks a little darker will help bring more dimension and realism to the sketch. As for the proportions, the nose is pretty good for what level you appear to be at. The eyes could use some work, and the mouth is always the hardest part. Symmetry is always my biggest enemy when working on human portraits.

Try drawing this picture in about 10 - 15 minutes, and do it about 20 or 30 times. This will help you 'burn' the image into your mind, and it will help a lot with proportions. After that, you can spend closer to an hour on it, and you'll be surprised as to how much you will have improved.

Needs symmetry, keep working at it. 

Jordan said:

Why does everyone draw that same picture of Rivers? There are others, you know.

Anyways, the picture is decent, especially for a 13 year old. Your values are good, but getting the blackest blacks a little darker will help bring more dimension and realism to the sketch. As for the proportions, the nose is pretty good for what level you appear to be at. The eyes could use some work, and the mouth is always the hardest part. Symmetry is always my biggest enemy when working on human portraits.

Try drawing this picture in about 10 - 15 minutes, and do it about 20 or 30 times. This will help you 'burn' the image into your mind, and it will help a lot with proportions. After that, you can spend closer to an hour on it, and you'll be surprised as to how much you will have improved.

I'm confused as to why that was a reply to my post. By saying "Symmetry is always my biggest enemy when working on human portraits", I also meant that he needs to work on the symmetry.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
Needs symmetry, keep working at it. 

Jordan said:

Why does everyone draw that same picture of Rivers? There are others, you know.

Anyways, the picture is decent, especially for a 13 year old. Your values are good, but getting the blackest blacks a little darker will help bring more dimension and realism to the sketch. As for the proportions, the nose is pretty good for what level you appear to be at. The eyes could use some work, and the mouth is always the hardest part. Symmetry is always my biggest enemy when working on human portraits.

Try drawing this picture in about 10 - 15 minutes, and do it about 20 or 30 times. This will help you 'burn' the image into your mind, and it will help a lot with proportions. After that, you can spend closer to an hour on it, and you'll be surprised as to how much you will have improved.

I saw Rivers responded to you on facebook by liking you picture......seee i told you so.....he look at fb often i am happy 4 u
Hey Rivers ended up liking his pic on facebook see this website is so broad that it is hard 4 rivers to sit through every forum. He goes on his fb n twitter a couple of times a day n he connects wt the ppl. There r only so many websites he can manage at once


Jordan said:
He can't comment on here...?

Jenny Smith said:
i think this is better than anything i can ever draw in my life......keep up good work n try posting it on Rivers facebook/twitter......he might comment on it
Thanks for the advice! And I was so pumped when he liked it! That was so cool!

Jenny Smith said:
Hey Rivers ended up liking his pic on facebook see this website is so broad that it is hard 4 rivers to sit through every forum. He goes on his fb n twitter a couple of times a day n he connects wt the ppl. There r only so many websites he can manage at once

Jordan said:
He can't comment on here...?

Jenny Smith said:
i think this is better than anything i can ever draw in my life......keep up good work n try posting it on Rivers facebook/twitter......he might comment on it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video