Do you think that the memories tour will affect the band and maybe they might go back to writing complex rock music again? Or do you think they will keep making mediocore pop albums like Raditude, and Hurley? 

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just because something is lyrically or musically complex doesnt make it a masterpiece. But having something to simple and generic isnt so good either. I want something in the middle, and to me of Hurley or maybe Red is that middle. (but i like all weezer albums)

Weezer fan said:
Its just my opinion, but I wouldn't say that Hurley is more musically, or lyrically complex than Pinkerton.
Well this is a topic I've approached before. What the next Weezer album will sound like and what the next Weezer album SHOULD sound like are rarely the same thing. I truly doubt we can expect another color album anytime soon. However, I do think with the combination of the Memories tour (despite Matt's absence) and the musical stylings of Hurley, we can expect a very enjoyable record. But I could be dead wrong. This band loves to be unpredictable and mess with our heads. Either way, whether it sucks or not, I'll buy it and they know that. I would like to see the collaborations end, unless of course Riv wants to collaborate with someone worth listening to (Like AAR, which isn't to say I endorse Raditude).
People say Hurley is a step in the right direction. After Raditude anything would have been a step in the right direction. I think people want to like the album more than they actually do. I mean seriously.... look at the cover... listen to smart girls, listen to ruling me.. the lyrics sounds like they were written by a high schooler, they obviously arent personal since he is a 40 year old married man. It isn't a good album. I don't understand why Weezer is doing this. Their album sales are plummeting, Hurley sold like 30,000 copies the first week. Make Believe sold something like 250,000. It just seems like Rivers has writing block, which isnt a bad thing, but he needs to spend some more time working on his songs, not just writing kind of sad music to please fans. It would be nice to see Weezer take themselves seriously again. And im not sure, but it seems like Brian Bell is kind of mad with Weezer. At the Blue album show in LA Brian seemed kind of mad if you guys were there, you know what im talking about. I think he wants to be in a serious band that makes music for adults, which is why he is in a side band now.

Who cares what the next album will be like? its weezer!!!! I love them no matter what music they want to play or animals they have on there album covers. =w=eezer for life

Well, I'm no expert on things, but I suspect the next album will sound Weezer-ish.

I'm gonna step on a limb and say it'll sound a little like Blue possibly. Hurley was a very small step in that direction. And with the Memories Tour, after playing all these old songs, it could influence Rivers' writing.

Get the old bassist back (Matt) from the 2 first albums and they'll be set! I miss his high back-up vocals, Scott does not have his range or creativeness sadly.

Be wrong if you really want to, but Raditude musically is more complex than Pinkerton.

bleedgoldandwhite21 said:

Radioactive said:
I think that they will make 8 sequels to Raditude and deluxe reissues of each, and then go on the 'Short-Term Memories' tour, which will be everything from 2009, and 3 encores full of "Kids (+ Pokerface)" cover mashups. All just because you called those albums mediocre.

I actually love Raditude, and Hurley even more, for the record.
And Hurley's way more complex than their first two albums. Heck, Raditude is way more complex as well.

Houston, We've found an idiot.......

I'd like to Rivers to try a solo-album. I understand that the Alone albums are close to that, but man it would be great to get a fully produced Rivers solo concept album. 100% his vision and funded by himself.

He's working on it. But it's in Japanese.

MakeUpOnShelf said:

I'd like to Rivers to try a solo-album. I understand that the Alone albums are close to that, but man it would be great to get a fully produced Rivers solo concept album. 100% his vision and funded by himself.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAAAHHAHAHHA

Radioactive said:

Be wrong if you really want to, but Raditude musically is more complex than Pinkerton.

bleedgoldandwhite21 said:

Radioactive said:
I think that they will make 8 sequels to Raditude and deluxe reissues of each, and then go on the 'Short-Term Memories' tour, which will be everything from 2009, and 3 encores full of "Kids (+ Pokerface)" cover mashups. All just because you called those albums mediocre.

I actually love Raditude, and Hurley even more, for the record.
And Hurley's way more complex than their first two albums. Heck, Raditude is way more complex as well.

Houston, We've found an idiot.......
I think it will sound like you are 16, riding on your bike to get a slurpee. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video