Do you think that the memories tour will affect the band and maybe they might go back to writing complex rock music again? Or do you think they will keep making mediocore pop albums like Raditude, and Hurley? 

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did not realize how complex auto-tune is and how deep meaningless lyrics are!!! wow!  *shakes head in disgust*

Radioactive said:

Be wrong if you really want to, but Raditude musically is more complex than Pinkerton.

bleedgoldandwhite21 said:

Radioactive said:
I think that they will make 8 sequels to Raditude and deluxe reissues of each, and then go on the 'Short-Term Memories' tour, which will be everything from 2009, and 3 encores full of "Kids (+ Pokerface)" cover mashups. All just because you called those albums mediocre.

I actually love Raditude, and Hurley even more, for the record.
And Hurley's way more complex than their first two albums. Heck, Raditude is way more complex as well.

Houston, We've found an idiot.......

Can we be best friends?

Nik Linde said:

Get the old bassist back (Matt) from the 2 first albums and they'll be set! I miss his high back-up vocals, Scott does not have his range or creativeness sadly.

I love Hurley...

Understand, Hurley is funny, happy... Rivers cant be your psychologist everytime, man.

Weezer fan said:

Maybe they will do another self titled album. The Yellow Album would be cool. The lyrics arent very personal anymore. I would say time flies is a personal song though. Also Angel and the One is very personal. It would be cool if rivers feels like writing personal lyrics again.. Hurley was co written with a bunch of different song writers. I hate that lol

Pinkerton was basically a "press 'record' and play" record with guitar, a bass, drums and vocals.  Raditude had a lot of production, more complex chords and musical styles, and implemented the use of many other instruments.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

please explain.

Radioactive said:

Be wrong if you really want to, but Raditude musically is more complex than Pinkerton.

Radioactive said:
I think that they will make 8 sequels to Raditude and deluxe reissues of each, and then go on the 'Short-Term Memories' tour, which will be everything from 2009, and 3 encores full of "Kids (+ Pokerface)" cover mashups. All just because you called those albums mediocre.

And Hurley's way more complex than their first two albums. Heck, Raditude is way more complex as well.

I think rivers has been showing signs of interest in rock operas lately. I think him doing these memories shows has been very validating for pinkerton. Seeing how many people truly love that album, and it being a concept album I feel rivers wants to try that road again.

He has been sending hints our way IMO:

His status on this very site was : Working on my evil creative weezer masterwork

he's been watching rock operas lately like " the wall".... Asking for epic rock album influences, and asking if pink floyd is a good one.

Asking for emotional plays that are of free domain...  I mean it's all under our eyes has no one else noticed this?

What is so bad about hurley? Unspoken has EXTREMELY personal lyrics and harkens back to oldschool weezer.

Time flies as you said is also quite personal and quite lo fi... Run away has some nice lyrics to, and it's def not a pop song. Ruling me sounds straight out of green album, hang on is also quite good.

I don't get your hate for it, it's actually a very solid album out of their WHOLE catalog. No it's not without flaws but it's a legit step in the right direction.

Weezer fan said:

People say Hurley is a step in the right direction. After Raditude anything would have been a step in the right direction. I think people want to like the album more than they actually do. I mean seriously.... look at the cover... listen to smart girls, listen to ruling me.. the lyrics sounds like they were written by a high schooler, they obviously arent personal since he is a 40 year old married man. It isn't a good album. I don't understand why Weezer is doing this. Their album sales are plummeting, Hurley sold like 30,000 copies the first week. Make Believe sold something like 250,000. It just seems like Rivers has writing block, which isnt a bad thing, but he needs to spend some more time working on his songs, not just writing kind of sad music to please fans. It would be nice to see Weezer take themselves seriously again. And im not sure, but it seems like Brian Bell is kind of mad with Weezer. At the Blue album show in LA Brian seemed kind of mad if you guys were there, you know what im talking about. I think he wants to be in a serious band that makes music for adults, which is why he is in a side band now.

Someone said this earlier, but I'd love to see Rivers start writing ALL of his own music again.  I'm so sick of the whole collab deal, I want to hear something coming straight from Weezer.

Raditude itself was not autotuned.  Although, ironically, auto-tune is more complex than straight-up vox.  And Rivers wanted more relatable lyrics.  Nothing wrong with him wanting to have fun.  Leave him be.

I did not realize how complex auto-tune is and how deep meaningless lyrics are!!! wow!  *shakes head in disgust*

Radioactive said:

Radioactive said:

sounds like you might have something there.
Daniel Gasparini ( Danorganplaye said:

I think rivers has been showing signs of interest in rock operas lately. I think him doing these memories shows has been very validating for pinkerton. Seeing how many people truly love that album, and it being a concept album I feel rivers wants to try that road again.

He has been sending hints our way IMO:

His status on this very site was : Working on my evil creative weezer masterwork

he's been watching rock operas lately like " the wall".... Asking for epic rock album influences, and asking if pink floyd is a good one.

Asking for emotional plays that are of free domain...  I mean it's all under our eyes has no one else noticed this?

I hope it will be heavy! Kind of like Maladroit.

Hopefully a rock opera. All Rivers past tweets and statuses point towards the fact that he is gettin more into "Epic Rock Records" and Musical Theatre

Do you have no grasp on music let alone music theory?

How in the name of god is raditude more complex when pinkerton has time changes, key changes, more dynamics, more poetic lyrics, a cohesive story...I could go on and on.

There is nothing COMPLEX about raditude it's a pop album, with simple chords, catchy melodies and over polished production.

Radioactive said:

Pinkerton was basically a "press 'record' and play" record with guitar, a bass, drums and vocals.  Raditude had a lot of production, more complex chords and musical styles, and implemented the use of many other instruments.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

please explain.

Radioactive said:

Radioactive said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video