Do you think that the memories tour will affect the band and maybe they might go back to writing complex rock music again? Or do you think they will keep making mediocore pop albums like Raditude, and Hurley? 

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed. Radioactive, do you play guitar? Learn to play these songs and then tell me that Raditude is more complex than Pinkerton. Honestly, how could anyone make such an absurd statement and take themself seriously?

Daniel Gasparini ( Danorganplaye said:

Do you have no grasp on music let alone music theory?

How in the name of god is raditude more complex when pinkerton has time changes, key changes, more dynamics, more poetic lyrics, a cohesive story...I could go on and on.

There is nothing COMPLEX about raditude it's a pop album, with simple chords, catchy melodies and over polished production.

Radioactive said:

Pinkerton was basically a "press 'record' and play" record with guitar, a bass, drums and vocals.  Raditude had a lot of production, more complex chords and musical styles, and implemented the use of many other instruments.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

please explain.

Radioactive said:

Be wrong if you really want to, but Raditude musically is more complex than Pinkerton.

bleedgoldandwhite21 said:

Radioactive said:
I think that they will make 8 sequels to Raditude and deluxe reissues of each, and then go on the 'Short-Term Memories' tour, which will be everything from 2009, and 3 encores full of "Kids (+ Pokerface)" cover mashups. All just because you called those albums mediocre.

I actually love Raditude, and Hurley even more, for the record.
And Hurley's way more complex than their first two albums. Heck, Raditude is way more complex as well.

Houston, We've found an idiot.......

I agree.  Also note that Pinkerton was from 1996 whereas Raditude was in 2009, a full 13 years later.  Also, Pinkerton was self produced whereas Raditude had what 5 producers including Rivers?  

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

ok you seem to be confusing musical complexity with the complexity of production techniques.

Radioactive said:

Raditude itself was not autotuned.  Although, ironically, auto-tune is more complex than straight-up vox.  And Rivers wanted more relatable lyrics.  Nothing wrong with him wanting to have fun.  Leave him be.

I did not realize how complex auto-tune is and how deep meaningless lyrics are!!! wow!  *shakes head in disgust*

Radioactive said:

Be wrong if you really want to, but Raditude musically is more complex than Pinkerton.

Radioactive said:
I think that they will make 8 sequels to Raditude and deluxe reissues of each, and then go on the 'Short-Term Memories' tour, which will be everything from 2009, and 3 encores full of "Kids (+ Pokerface)" cover mashups. All just because you called those albums mediocre.

And Hurley's way more complex than their first two albums. Heck, Raditude is way more complex as well.

Yeah, Hurley might be the best Post-Pink. Its a strong step forward. Pretty ironic it came after Raditude.

What is so bad about hurley? Unspoken has EXTREMELY personal lyrics and harkens back to oldschool weezer.

Time flies as you said is also quite personal and quite lo fi... Run away has some nice lyrics to, and it's def not a pop song. Ruling me sounds straight out of green album, hang on is also quite good.

I don't get your hate for it, it's actually a very solid album out of their WHOLE catalog. No it's not without flaws but it's a legit step in the right direction.

Weezer fan said:

People say Hurley is a step in the right direction. After Raditude anything would have been a step in the right direction. I think people want to like the album more than they actually do. I mean seriously.... look at the cover... listen to smart girls, listen to ruling me.. the lyrics sounds like they were written by a high schooler, they obviously arent personal since he is a 40 year old married man. It isn't a good album. I don't understand why Weezer is doing this. Their album sales are plummeting, Hurley sold like 30,000 copies the first week. Make Believe sold something like 250,000. It just seems like Rivers has writing block, which isnt a bad thing, but he needs to spend some more time working on his songs, not just writing kind of sad music to please fans. It would be nice to see Weezer take themselves seriously again. And im not sure, but it seems like Brian Bell is kind of mad with Weezer. At the Blue album show in LA Brian seemed kind of mad if you guys were there, you know what im talking about. I think he wants to be in a serious band that makes music for adults, which is why he is in a side band now.

He doesn't even have to learn to play both albums. Just the guitar solos to realize how much more complex they are. Pretty much every solo from Pinkerton is a duel solo...

Philip Taylor Jr. said:

Agreed. Radioactive, do you play guitar? Learn to play these songs and then tell me that Raditude is more complex than Pinkerton. Honestly, how could anyone make such an absurd statement and take themself seriously?

Do you have no grasp on music let alone music theory?

How in the name of god is raditude more complex when pinkerton has time changes, key changes, more dynamics, more poetic lyrics, a cohesive story...I could go on and on.

There is nothing COMPLEX about raditude it's a pop album, with simple chords, catchy melodies and over polished production.

Radioactive said:

Pinkerton was basically a "press 'record' and play" record with guitar, a bass, drums and vocals.  Raditude had a lot of production, more complex chords and musical styles, and implemented the use of many other instruments.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

please explain.

Radioactive said:

Radioactive said:

Even if Rivers is writing a Rock Opera, it probably won't be the next album. Rivers has said a few times in interviews that album 10 has already been written. So unless that gets scrapped, I doubt the 'Tommy' of Weezer will be released next.

5 albums in Scott IS Weezer's bass player, he fits right in. Matt always struck me as a bit pretentious and Mikey's story is an unfortunate one. Scott isn't going anywhere and I couldn't be happier.

Nik Linde said:

Get the old bassist back (Matt) from the 2 first albums and they'll be set! I miss his high back-up vocals, Scott does not have his range or creativeness sadly.

I think when you are in a long term band like Weezer you have to explore the waters try new sounds go out on a lim.I belive it is a fase but i dont think we will get another pinkerton

buddhist rap

Cygnus X-1 said:

I garuntee Epitaph will influence their sound for the better. I know, I know. Geffen isn't the reason Weezer has been getting worse, but I bet if they were on Epitaph, their albums would have been way more enjoyable

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard ha!  How old are you?  12 or 13?

Radioactive said:

Man, that's not what it's all about.  That's just listening with blinders on .......then what's the point if you are going to like it no matter what.  Music is only enjoyable if you truly understand it, feel it, get it....no just blindly listen and love it because it's "Weezer"  I like Weezer too, and I'm a fan, just not since about 2004 so much....that's all.

Jesus Garcia said:

Who cares what the next album will be like? its weezer!!!! I love them no matter what music they want to play or animals they have on there album covers. =w=eezer for life

Hey, it's Weezer! Weezer will be Weezer. Have to love them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video