I never really see people talking about it much on here.

I liked it, it's not their best album ever but I like the overall sound of it, and I think it's a little better than Raditude. I really like Memories and Represent. I always listen to Represent before I go out and swim a race, it gets me really pumped up.

What did you guys think of it?

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hurley reminds me of Pinkerton without awsome drum fills.
hurley was pretty cool. and so was pinkerton all the way. but i wouldnt say that they sound similar

Little Mikey said:
Basically what he said. Red Deluxe has some very cringe worthy moments but its Highs are so much higher than Hurley's I'd probably have it 3rd, but Hurley is definitely the third most consistent and could easily be the 3rd best.

johnny rockets said:
I think it's their most consistent album in the past decade. I can listen to it all the way through without cringing/pressing the skip button (looking at you Where's My Sex although i do like the melody of that chorus). Ruling Me, Trainwrecks (and the fact it features Alex from Phantom Planet gets bonus points here), Unspoken, Run Away, Hang On, Smart Girls and Time Flies are all very solid tracks. Memories and Brave New World get a little less love but are this enjoyable (still I absolutely love the bridge in the latter).

I absolutely love Hurley! I didn't get around to buying it very soon after it came out, but once I heard it I fell in love! I am only slightly weary of Smart Girls and Where's My Sex, but I do see the merit in them. I think that the best improvement in this album is the lyrical quality compared to Raditude and The Red Album (overall...I still think there are some pretty awesome lyrics in TRA but not necessarily as a whole).

Agreed. They are both awesome albums, but I don't really hear many similarities when listening to them.

sarah leeper said:
hurley was pretty cool. and so was pinkerton all the way. but i wouldnt say that they sound similar

Little Mikey said:
it is good...but unfortunately forgettable, IMO.
I love it. I really love "Unspoken". That's such a great song. I can def relate to that song.
I think it's quite good. "Hang On" and "Run Away" are just really good pop songs and "Ruling Me" and "Unspoken" are really good as well. The only songs I'm not too excited about there are "Memories" (which was amazing both times I saw it live), "Smart Girls" (the culmination of everything I don't want Weezer to sound like nowadays) and "Represent" (over the top daft lyrics and ear-destroying production).

It's consistently enjoyable but it's the first Post-Pinkerton album to not have a five star track on it. I think my other big problem with it is the strange production. I'm all for raw but Hurley is an amorphous, shape-shifting oddity that never once feels "alive."

i had (past tense) mixed feelings. the first time listened to it i was afraid it was going raditude (listened to it once, went into my room and went into mourning) all over again.

so when i first heard it i was a little tentative. i got up to smart girls, heard the drum machine start and just gave up. i moped around for a couple of days and listened to blue on repeat all day. then about a week later my friend, who knows im a weezer addict, sadid "bro how sweet is hurley?!"

"not very."

"WHAT!!! am i a bigger weezer fan than you?!"

"no."

"then go home and listen to hurley a hundred times until you like it!

and i did. and i started to genuinely like it. not because my friend questioned my weezer loyalty, because its a solid album. my contempt for the "mtvish" memories  faded, and i somehow started to like smart girls. and after all of my doubt, i was completely converted. 

and my experience with hurley made me question my judgement of raditude. maybe i was to quick to judge? i am yet to give raditude a second chance, there was too much heartbreak, but i am going to start over with no prejudices and am going to ignore the fact it features lil wayne. i've learned jumping to conclusions can be dangerous.

so long story short, "what do you think of the album hurley?": it rocks.

If you spin something 100 times trying to force yourself to like it, you'll usually be able to.

LOL

Yeah I like Hurley, but the 100 times thing really ruins the story. Also, Weezer fandom has nothing to do with liking everything. Heck, most Weezer fans hate 80% of the bands music.
Michael Rowland (Gohi) said

If you spin something 100 times trying to force yourself to like it, you'll usually be able to.
Such an amazing album. I only skip Runaway (jsut feels out of place on the album to me). Trainwrecks...just wow, such an AMAZING guitar riff man, my fav song of all time to just BLAST. Best of the 4 albums they've released in the past 3 years (i've loved this little era of weezer pumpin out albums) and that's sayin a lot cause i've loved them all (ratitude rocks). The only album better than it is Green and i really hope they keep pumpin out albums instead of takin a break cause my life has little to no meaning until the next The Killers album comes out and I need my Weezer to tie me over :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video