I never really see people talking about it much on here.

I liked it, it's not their best album ever but I like the overall sound of it, and I think it's a little better than Raditude. I really like Memories and Represent. I always listen to Represent before I go out and swim a race, it gets me really pumped up.

What did you guys think of it?

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it's a very good album with Smart Girls and Brave New World being the only tracks I dislike. It lacks the highs of some of their other albums but it's a consistent, fun and awesome rock record. The one thing that I don't like about the album is that it doesn't feel like a very band-based album. A lot of these tracks were recorded by Rivers. While Rivers is a fine musician, Brian, Pat and Scott playing his tunes is half of what makes Weezer great.
it's one of my least favorite albums they ever made. i like raditude more. i only like hurley better than death to false metal.

that being said, i do own it on green vinyl and deluxe cd. so believe me, i've listened to it.
I love Hurley :) Especially Hang On and Unspoken
Exactly. Some times this distracts me when I'm listening to it, wondering what part of a certain track did Brian, Scott, and Pat contribute, if at all. It could have easily been a Rivers solo album. And while I would love a Rivers solo album (even if it included guest spots from misc producers and artists) when I listen to Weezer I want to know that it's, well, Weezer the band.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
The one thing that I don't like about the album is that it doesn't feel like a very band-based album. A lot of these tracks were recorded by Rivers. While Rivers is a fine musician, Brian, Pat and Scott playing his tunes is half of what makes Weezer great.
I like it well enough, but I feel like its missing something. I'm not sure what though.
I think its great, i only dislike Brave New World and Wheres My Sex. But i dont think they should have gone with Hang On as single No2, Ruling Me would have been a far greater choice
I like it a lot.  Of course, I think every Weezer album has something to offer.  My favorite tracks are Memories, Trainwrecks, Unspoken, Smart Girls, and Represent. 
Definitely. Ruling Me would have been the perfect follow up to Memories.

Indiekid said:
But i dont think they should have gone with Hang On as single No2, Ruling Me would have been a far greater choice
I love Hurley.  My favorites from the album are Hold On, Unspoken, Smart Girls, and Brave New World.  There isn't a single track on there that I ever feel like skipping.

I just think that Hurley sounds like the Weezer gas tank is running on fumes.  I know most people hate Raditude, but I think it's a pretty strong CD for a band who have been around as long and have been as prolific.  It sounds like they're having fun and Trippin' Down the Freeway is a classic.  I'll bet the shows supporting Raditude would have shown the band in a great place and I'm sorry I didn't get to see them. Maybe some people would rather see Rivers looking at his shoes onstage than having fun.  

Its sexy just like all the others
Eh. The Raditude shows barely actually played any of that album live, it that's what you wanted to see.

Mike Elliott said:

I just think that Hurley sounds like the Weezer gas tank is running on fumes.  I know most people hate Raditude, but I think it's a pretty strong CD for a band who have been around as long and have been as prolific.  It sounds like they're having fun and Trippin' Down the Freeway is a classic.  I'll bet the shows supporting Raditude would have shown the band in a great place and I'm sorry I didn't get to see them. Maybe some people would rather see Rivers looking at his shoes onstage than having fun.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video